QuickPipe

Thanks for the new update and add it to the menu :smiley:

I updated the addon created by Cebbi. Now we can create beautiful pipes in blender 2.8 :grinning:

1 Like

Is there any way these two scripts could be combined? It feels like there’s no reason why the Match Pipe Width shouldn’t just automatically happen in Quick Pipe.

2 Likes

I think the same.

I combined two add-ons together “Quick Pipe” and “Match Pipe Width”. I hope the authors do not mind.

Regular Quick Pipe
Regular%20Quick%20Pipe

Press ALT
Press%20ALT

Download:

6 Likes

If you use a bevel cube ( round edges ) then you don’t have this problem and everything stays procedural , maybe not everyone need the extra option

Just use the one that works best for your workflow :smiley:

If not need extra option, don’t press alt button :slightly_smiling_face:

Excellent , thanks for the extra option

Little improvements

show%20wireframe

Version 2.1

3 Likes

Works Fine , thanks again :grinning:

1 Like

When i use the script i have wierd shading results on pipe.

Video in the link below:

You can use autosmooth or add bevel

1 Like

Autosmooth dont work shading is still broken… And what You mean by add bevel?

or you can mark sharp corners to sharp

Share blend file please.

one issue to address, while creating pipes (with Alt) alone 3 edges of a cube, 2nd & 3rd pipes started twisting.twisted%20pipe

I have no idea yet how fix it automatically

it seems very complex. can spin be applied in turning points with correct angle ? my coding skill very limited. Sorry for failing to assist you.

Nice work everyone! I don’t have time to maintain scripts, so I’m happy to see it’s useful enough for people to keep working on. It’s very simple as you can see, it mostly amounts to a macro - so any weird geometry behavior is a result of standard blender curve behavior.

Also a quick housekeeping note: I don’t see much discussion around this fact, but technically all blender scripts are required to be licensed under the GPL, so anyone can do anything they want with the script. Please keep making it better!

1 Like

So I use Maya controls for navigation (Alt + LMB to rotate, etc). I noticed that it interferes with this script and using Alt to fix the pipe.