Q:Does Blender really need a new logo?+ideas for new logo

I agree with RealityFox that the red seems much more bold and more attractive, if Blender chooses a new logo. But I don’t think Blender needs a new logo.

I think you seriously misread what he wrote.

@Tyrant

Oops how clumsy of me.

With that opinion all the graphics design in the world would still look like this:

@Ar
It has a nice composition though.
so much detail
that stick man shows the struggles of the world in perfect detail.
It’s a metaphor of something far greater than our imagination.

In all seriousness though, come on, let’s take nintendo as an example, their logo has stayed the same for a while, it could be better, but what does it matter? Nothing is wrong with it, and it’s not going to make them any less or more successful if they change it.
Same thing with blender, Blender is already pretty established.

Can this thread now be tagged [SOLVED] as doublebishop has provided the correct answer to the OP’s initial question?

i think the current logo is pretty good already

No it wouldn’t.

~~

Do people realise the implications of changing that teeny little graphical icon? The current one means it’s recognisable, people come to it and see it for what it is in their eyes. It’s the reception, the first thing people see, the thing they commit to memory when they use the product after so many times. It represents the software and the company leashing that product to the world. Rebranding it for the sake of rebranding it is folly, because it means you’re throwing everything out and hoping that the new brand will be just as successful. It takes time and resources to build, both of which can be better spent in much, much better places.

Bishop, your modified version looks totaly amateur style… Sorry for my directness…

There’s a difference between trying a new style of art with a completely new creation and changing an existing one to satisfy a new style.

If Blender was an application that saw its first ever release today then I can see the icon being different (the same if it got to where every remaining weak spot is completely overhauled), but the icon right now is what a generation of artists have associated with Blender, and the re-brand idea would ultimately deflate once they find that some areas like the particles still have the same old cruft.

So what it is that is broken in that cave painting that you need to fix? Maybe little red paint to that place where erosion is destroyed stone and then its again good?

I really don’t get why some are getting their brains tied up in knots over something as trivial as an icon, because it’s not like some magic elixir that will solve all of Blender’s problems.

People and their magic bullet theories :rolleyes:

Ace Dragon, with clever marketing is sold products that are totally shit. With very good price. And Blender is good product, so why not do little marketing? For many years has Blender suffered totally bad unprofessional quality “official” web sites and stuff that makes Blender look very bad in the eyes of people who respects beauty. So why not to do some beautiful design to face lift little the idea of whole open source community and the program in center of it?

Why is everyone against of it? Isn’t it good thing?

EXACTLY

We have bigger problems to deal with.

Nice derailable thread you have going here. Also i like the old logo better.

Kick around idea’s for a new logo, Maybe, But lets have a new blender first.

Nothing. The point is the world wouldn’t stop simply because people got bored of painting in caves in red ink, they would simply find a new method instead. Do you see the difference?

Maybe little red paint to that place where erosion is destroyed stone and then its again good?

… what?

well…

The composition is completely bad
like,
the structure is non existant
there is no balance
there are too many focal points

the color is way too monochromatic

it’s not very detailed and has no anatomy

I could go on

We stand on the shoulders of those who came before us, Could you have done as good or better had you been born in that day and age?

But back to the topic, Do I think kicking around idea’s on how to rebrand blender is a bad idea, No. But don’t waste the effort with rebranding until there is a new defined direction to take it.

No but if I were to do a drawing of what appears to be a scene of a hunting trip in this year I would do a slightly better job