Project Marble [version 0.017](Updated JUNE 27))

new updated!

version 014

-added level 4
-camera moved farther away from player to remove clipping when the player falls off the play surface
-reduced the size of most save zones by about 10%
-removed player health. the player will no longer take fall damage.
-reduced movement damping from 0.96(4% per tick) to 0.98(2% per tick)
-reduced rotational damping from 0.98(2%) to 0.99(1%)
-changed window size from auto desktop full screen to 1024x768 windowed.
-added m as an alternate keybinding for computers without right CTRL

yes I know the shadows are a little messed up in places. I will hopefully have them fixed by the next version.

Looking good!
The movement feels better than it did before. I didn’t feel like I had to have the speed button mashed down the whole time.

Level 4 is killer! I like the sudden rise in difficulty (some people might be put off by it though), but it seems like the moving-platform element should be introduced somewhere before this level. Maybe a small moving-platform bit at the end of level 3. Even just, put the goal on a platform that moves back and forth against the final set of lanes.

Looks like you’re using that nifty textwrapper script! Unfortunately, it assumes you have a C:\Windows\Fonts\ folder with the font file in it, so when there isn’t whatever text you’re using through this is not showing up on the screen.

You can pack a .ttf (or .otf, other formats are probably also usable) along with your blend file, and make the following change to Textwrapper.py:

line 25, replace:

font_path = "C:\Windows\Fonts\Arial.ttf"

with:

font_path = os.path.abspath(sys.path[0])+'/name_of_font.ttf'

and at the top of the script, add “import os, sys” to get those modules.
(I know there’s got to be a better way to do that, but that’s how I get that to work).

That should look in the folder the blend file is running from, and find the file called ‘name_of_font.ttf’. This way us Linux/Mac users don’t have to hack your game to get it to work :wink:

New update!

version 017
</b>-added level 5
-reduced player mass from 20 to 10
-increased gravity from 9.8 to 19.8
-some code rework that I can't remember<b>

version 016

-removed movement damping.
-increased rotational damping from 0.99(1%) to 0.98(2%).
-increased falling time required to “die” from 1.3 seconds to 1.9.

version 015

-shadow lamp now moves on a grid to avoid shdaow artifacts.
-camera now eases toward the players new position upon player respawn.

skyrim and the steam summer sale are to blame for how long it’s been since my last update.