Programming Night

Amazing!nice.

Thanks to all!!! :slight_smile:

Amazing. Wonderful atmosphere and lighting. Great job sir!

What is really nice to me? The attention paid towards the difference in fabric mesh covering the PC speakers and the nice specular bits on other materials (gloss on book cover) Again, very nice!

nice first project. And those floppy disks, I totally miss those!!! Very nostalgic. I also agree with @KuroOokami about the light being too bright especially from the monitor. I remember having those dark screens to reduce eye strain, very important for programmers :slight_smile: . Also the mouse looks rather new , look for classic ball mouse with a middle mouse scroll, will fit the scene better. But apart from that, the final image is great, makes one sit and smile while exploring the scene.

I completely disagree.
1.Is is not too bright - that is the idea - like over exposed picture. Sensitive eyes or not you should think beyond you usual patterns.

1. No gloss? Maybe But that also makes the screen and the lamp dominate. Reality is just an excuse to create an art piece.

2. Same…

3. Seriously? The Cig? It is in the position I would put it when smoking - or maybe you need things obvious, screaming, in you face? - This is not that kind of image.

4. The keys on the calculator are NOT flat. They just don’t stick out a lot - have a closer look.

Other than that it feels to me like you just wanted to find something wrong. The image is great to me with a visual story behind it.

i am new to blender and i need someone to guide me through the basics i am currently using tutorials

Man, I really liked your render. In the website preview image it was almost looking like a real photograph to me. Well done. If I’m not wrong, you used dirty lens effect for this scene, isn’t it? Its really adding to the realism.

Did you visit my room one night?

Great work.

Hahahaha thanks!

I’ve used Magic Bullet Looks for the dirty lens and the overall blue tone of the scene. Thanks!

It’s incredible!

may I ask one question? Can Cycles be integrated with 3DMAX? and how can I do it? and What should I know about if i want to do that? thanks vary much!

I like the render, looks like something I’d see in a magazine.

I don’t like the cigarette though.

Fantastic even if it wasn’t a first serious project. Good work!

Some are writing that the lamp and the screen are to bright. But I think, after a long night of programming (maybe having a short toilett break or just rubbing the tired eyes for a second) the screen and everything just looks to bright for a moment.
At leasts thats what I remember of programming evenings when I had to finish homework for uni :slight_smile: Well done

I think it is hard too find such PC and floppy disk even in 2014. nice render

as some1 said, it is really bright, and that kinda destroys its atmosphere, otherwise it’s great

Wonderful execution! Very nostalgic

Great work! I love the atmosphere and feeling. Looks like those late nights working on the computer just “a few minutes more”. :stuck_out_tongue: