Poseidon

Congratulations guy. 8 A.M. here and on opening BlenderNation there you were. And, I knew him when… :slight_smile: Well done!

Hi All

@GPS14, thanks for looking in, yep agree with you on all points, found this scene to be incredibly difficult to try and achieve what I set out to do.

@Ghost, :smiley: Yeah while I was posting that pic I knew I was going to get flack from you about the vert comp. Ghost I am not even a proper artist let alone a concept artist, I have just attacked the viewport on most occasions and really just felt my way around. However what you are saying makes perfect sense and is great advice and I would do well to follow it.

One thing you can be sure of my friend is that when I do find myself in the Southeast region of Virginia you and I will be drinking bourbon together discussing art until the sun rises.

Thanks for the heads up on Blendernation, I thought that you actually had to submit artwork to Bart to get on there.

@Clock, looking in on us all the way from the Himalayas, hope you having a blast and we will chat when you back.

@Photox, how you been? Really enjoyed myself doing this one, it’s not perfect by a long shot, but it actually turned out better than I thought it would about a third of the way through the project.

@rcgauer, thank you, hope you found the info that you were looking for. All are textures that are mapped to the meshes with foam and lightning done in PS.

Shaun

… Ghost I am not even a proper artist let alone a concept artist,

Speed I think I would have to disagree. Or, you’ve been faking it rather nicely. If I’m not mistaken minoribus at some point started researching composition, leading lines, center of interest, etc. on the Net.

Of course with animation that is something to attempt when the camera occasionally stops. And, although he has never embraced thumbnail sketches he does use the viewport much the same way. Pinning down large shapes first. Hey, you are not alone. We all have a tendency to get bogged down in details way to soon.

…you and I will be drinking bourbon together discussing art until the sun rises.

Bourbon on the rocks sounds like a plan. Bring lots of money since I’m a oil burner. :slight_smile: Self taught artist are some of the most talented around shaun.

But, that doesn’t mean someone can’t take advantage of all the information on the net. That talented childhood friend of mine did it with one year of college majoring in art and many, many, books on his own. And, damn if he didn’t do it. If you have to ask the price of his larger oil paintings you can’t afford them. All of the information a young individual is exposed to in art school is available for free with the right Goggle search. Now a disclaimer might be in order. There is nothing like a classroom environment.

This forum is so full of amazing art IMHO it’s intimidating actually. Including some of yours. The rules of art Speed are made to be broken once you understand them and know why you are doing so. And, knowing them is going to improve a talented individuals work not to mention make it more enjoyable for them I might add. No disclaimer here I will guarantee that. Once again Kudos on your latest work.

Those arms are those of a fat man.

Those arms are those of a fat man.
So that’s it. I went searching for anything done by you and found nothing. Nor did I see you anywhere in the ongoing WIP which preceded this. Which of course would have been the place to bring that up. When the man was working on this and soliciting opinions. Now after months of work with his machine in overload you bring this up. What part of sick of this project did you not understand. Hey, I’m sorry, not really, but constructive opinions as we see them are posted in the WIP and not a finished project.

@TravisBanger, thanks for looking in and comment, but as Ghost said it was a pity that you missed the WIP so I could have improved it.

Shaun