Photorealistic night forest (album cover)

Nice music, I’m listening the first track “Ebrio”.

I play guitar too, but I’m more into Neil Young influence. (But I like many many other artists)
After English, Spanish is my favorite language. Anyway the music of your friend sounds good.

For me, the torch is realistic and already really good.

Actually, it’s a rock family band, i play guitars, my parents do vocals, my 13 year old sister plays the bass guitar and my little 8 year old brother plays the drums.

Here you can listen the Año Bisiesto album: http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_seeall_2?rh=k%3Alos+zapata+año+bisiesto%2Ci%3Adigital-music&keywords=los+zapata+año+bisiesto&ie=UTF8&qid=1395880176

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/en-mi-cohete/id659990196?i=659990227&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

You will see us in the album cover.

Thanks for your comments and appreciate our music! :slight_smile:

Oh! If you google Los Zapata you’ll find more music and info.

No, Matt. It’s a plain texture with alpha. I added glare to it in composition.

Hey, people! Here’s a new render. i’m not sure about the color scheme. The fire looks strange, maybe the illumination, i don’t know. i think my eyes are saturated so i can’t tell too much. What do u say?

300 Samples / 2000p

Very good indeed, but IMO drop down saturation slightly - especially the green in vines is too bright -, make flames to illuminate world more and add some smoke from flames. There is also something funky in the moon, but I don’t know what.

Actually i dropped down the saturation a little bit and the fire has smoke so i will try to increase these things and see what i can do for moon. Thanks Blenderwelder.

Wow! This has come along nicely!

I agree that the vines on the right might be a little too green and saturated. Considering there are no leaves on the trees, I’d expect this to be late fall, so things would be kinda dried out and brownish. Then again, could be early spring as well, which could explain the mist.

Speaking of the mist, have you given it any thoughts about making it a bit wispy and non-homogeneous? If you’re not planning on animating it (I assuming you’re not, seeing as it’s an album cover) just multiply in a bit of cloud noise to the mist pass in the compositor. You can easily generate this in GIMP or even within blender itself.

All-in-all, this is looking fantastic!

Thank you, erik. I agree about the saturation of the vines. About the mist… Good idea! I’ll try that! Thank you so much! This will probably improve my scene. :slight_smile:

Well, this is almost the same render but i’ve add to it a dramatic lighting effect and now the mist has some noise. Suggestions and criticisms are welcome.

Wow, it started looking good. Some details I would like to see on this:

More gloom, perhaps the atmosphere will have humidity that will bring more gloom.

When it’s full moon you get very powerful lighting, you will have the same result like
sun. You will see objects cast shadows, and since the light source hits from the back
you get highlighted rims.

Also for the flames it seems like the’re going to be much more intense and more thick,
but will have less area affect. Perhaps they will have gloom as well.

For the ground I have not enough ideas, what hits the most is that the haystacks
(or small branches) need more random versions and the color could be little darker
just not to hit too much.

I want some moon rays…piercing through the trees ! :slight_smile:

Looking seriously sharp…

congratulations for the render! really good job, but just one thing.
the ground have a perfect rounded curve on the yellow line, its make the scene obviously fake.

Looks good but the fire has very little influence on the scene. The trees look nice and the bark looks seamless, if you mind, where did you get that texture?

Hey Robert! I took a picture of a tree in my house, then i tiled it in photoshop.

I think the mist is a bit too bight. Doesn’t feel like night time deep in the forest anymore. It also takes away from the flames too much, which I feel should be a central part of the scene. IRL, the fire would be much more intense than the light scattering through the mist.

I like the idea of moon-beams, but this would be hard to implement without resorting to volumetrics, which are kinda slow to render, particularly at the moment without GPU support.

I like the variations in the mist. Looks much more realistic.

Thank you, erik scott! nice criticisms!. i’ll fix these things.

That’s impressive! Congratulations, this is looking fantastic! It looks like a movie poster.

I notice one thing: the fire doesn’t have enough smoke, can add more.

Wow! I want to see the outcome of this.

Thanks const, i’ll try to fake a little bit the back light in the trees since they look flat, especially those at the background.

Hey, Pablo! I had already noticed it, I think it’s the worst of the things I have to fix. Anyways thanks.