Paper airplane

Um ChariotRider, by all means your best art so far :smiley: But it can improve! :smiley: The pencil shold be a beveled octagon, and skinnier and longer as well :smiley: Your desk needs less gloss, and your background needs to be an hdr. :wink: These are my takes on the scene anyhow :smiley: Good luck! :smiley:

I agree. This scene is nowhere near finished. When I first posted this I was not going to be continuing this. But I just took it step after step so it is now more like a WIP.

I think that is good for you. All of the work I’ve seen that you have posted, you seem to abandon it as soon as someone replies with critique, your done with the project.

I know right! It’s exciting! :smiley:

So I have been working some more on this. I got the rest of the desks and modeled some chairs. if you notice I am trying to make books to go in my scene. that one just happened to be the maze runner but I hope I will not run into any copyright issues. I found a very good way to make books. if you got to the amazon website you can get the front and back covers to almost any book you can think of. :slight_smile:

Good idea going to Amazon. You shouldn’t have any problems with using actual books as long as you aren’t walking up to every guy on the street saying “HEY LOOK, I HAVE A 3D RENDER OF THE MAZE RUNNER. LOOK. LOOK” :D. Basically just use it as a background object and you’ll be fine.

As for the actual scene, you should probably rough out the rest of the room. When rendering, it will really help to have the full GI. Also consider useing an HDR for lighting.

Don’t worry about materials yet, though. Just focus on modelling quality models.

Also think about what class it is. Is it math? Make sure the room reflects it’s use.

Keep going with this. Don’t give up!

Hello community. I am sorry I have not continued with this thread for awhile. I am not abandoning it but I had been working to get into the next blender guru competition and have been struggling to make the special effects for an astroid and after lots of experimentation decided to leave the astroid out of the scene and make a sunrise from space. I am sure you have all had the feeling where you set off to make one thing and it turns into another. I am putting the finishing touches on the scene and will be back to this one shortly.:eyebrowlift:

Hello community. I have been working on another project and am coming back to this project and have been having an issue with noise. I have also decided that this is going to be a math class.

Any thoughts.

Have you considered turning up the samples on the render? Are you using any textures on any of the objects besides the books? If not, head over to CGTextures.com get an account if you don’t already have one, and find some textures for your scene.

Also, being a huge LOTR fan, I love your addition of The Fellowship of the Ring, although I don’t like the actual book cover graphics.

The big thing I would say though, Is just take a few hours to work on this, and model all the objects that would be in a math class room. Don’t worry about anything else yet. You also don’t need to actually render out each image. Just use the OpenGL rendering buttons found at the the bottom of the 3D view, when you want to post an update. It’s a lot faster so that you can focus more time on actually making all the models look good.

It’s hard to say much about a render like this. There isn’t a whole lot going on right now, and it’s at the point where I can’t really say anything until you add more to it. There’s not much to comment/critique on a stock diffuse box surrounding the objects in the scene.

Modeling of the room is pretty much done. I added the teachers desk a shelf by the back and a whiteboard. Also yes it is no coincidence that there is the fellowship of the rings on the desk. It is one of my favorite book series and I could not resist putting it in.

The scene is starting to come together. I still have some things to do though. I still have fireflies fluffing around my scene. Rendered at 100 samples.

If you want to get rid of fireflies in a non destructive way under the sampling setting set Clamp Indirect to 2 or something near there.

I don’t think that would help in this case. This looks like the kind of noise you get rid of with more samples. I really don’t think it’s worth the wait to get rid of though. It’s clear enough to see what’s going on.

@Chariot Rider
I would work on the pencil. Make the grey part come out more, give it a more reflective material, and round it and the eraser out. You should probably make them separate objects with around 16 verts.

The book needs some work. I would indent the pages. I have never seen a hardback book that has the edges of the cover even with the pages.

Everything else looks OK. I might recommend putting a bit more detail into the teachers desk. The next bit thing would be to figure out how your going to place the camera (unless the last render is how you’re planning on doing that).

Here is the most recent render. I have added a more to the teachers desk, writing on the whiteboard, and a texture for the walls. I am getting pretty close to a final render so if you notice something that is of just tell me.

The book is hovering. The place where the plane touches the ground looks a bit off. Pencils are usually round on area where you sharpen it. I’m not sure, but I don’t think a school would have a ally way style brick. I’d change that to a painted white brick or something similar.

The light seems to be white. This is a huge mistake and should be avoided whenever attempting realism.

As a last little effect, you may want to add some heavy DOF (depth of field) and focus it on the plane.