outline a model with a black outline?

Eppo here are those grabs and your panel and my differences… Maybe if you get a chance to let me know where I am going wrong on your path please?

Ok I think I got it… So if I export a 3x3 from Blender and put into P.S at 3x3 My DPI WILL be there? ORRRR must I as stated 1050 x1050 then use THAT in a 3x3 ?
Sorry if this is redundant, I just do not see how a non vector file can be scaled without an issue? thanks Ikari

The last pic for Eppo as my result is that of a white square ???

You save your render from Blender in 1050 x 1050 pixels (minimum!), open that in Photoshop (it will still be 1050 x 1050), do your changes and save again. During all those steps the image resolution will stay the same.

Photoshop allowing to create a new image by defining dpi and size in inch is just for the users too lazy to do the math themselves…:wink: Want proof? Here’s a screenshot (never mind my Photoshop being in German language - you get the gist):

Create new image in 3 x 3 inch with 350 dpi. Open image properties and voilà: 1050 x 1050 pixels. And that’s all that matters and that’s all Photoshop can deal with in the end…

Ok thank you for further clarity. I appreciate the time you took to use screen grabs. I was thinking that was the way to have a DPI from Blender that P.S could work with, being a PNG.
Thank you again.

Umm I am having a light challenge over while I have your attention? IF you want the Blend file I can email it to you… Unless you can see why I am getting a Nuclear White out upon f12 render compared to a lighting I want via a Render Preview…

Or do you want a new thread ?

Render preview grab

F12 Max render 100 samples

EDIT> for some reason the wrong selected pic below will not delete, Ignore it please

Attachments

Got it N,M about the lights
I had one of the materials as a dominant override all… Trying to follow Eppo’s blend file… Hey Eppo how did you get that plate to have the detail you did?

Well… If FS options are not present that could mean it’s not switched on on the Render tab.

You can write list of the problems in blend file’s Text editor and PM it if there are more. It’s hard to go guessing game only.
Here’s which is what, more lines ;). http://www.pasteall.org/pic/79211

Thanks Eppo,
That helped with your refrences to compare to mine… I am still not getting any material or color now, just a black outline on white character?

I will send you the Blend file and maybe if you get a chance take a look at it, leave a note in the editor for me what icon to look at and what parameter I missed for color.
Thanks again
NC