Oscar's rendering thread

Kick ass!

Great work!

You sir are a monster!

I really enjoy your skilled work here, thanks for posting such great stuff. You have clearly been taking names and kicking ass.

-j

really cool… i am starting to like indigo renderer. is there a specific reason you prefer it? like something that helps in your workflow?.. i would check it out. really impressive renders… totally photorealistic .

Thanks a lot!

I use Indigo because I like the simplistic approach to materials setup, and because it seems to simulate light better than other renderers like Cycles and Yafaray. On the con side - it’s a bit slower since it’s more “unbiased” and it’s not as well integrated into blender.

I used to render with Yafaray, then I moved to Cycles upon it’s release but decided after a while that the node workflow didn’t appeal to me. So I tried Luxrender and Indigo and finally decided to settle with Indigo.

Looking forward to seeing your animation project proceed. Your concept sketch looked beautiful, and kudos for taking on such a big project!

Isn’t Indigo render about 600 euros per licence?

oh yeah… simplicity… hard thing to find in softwares… especially blender where you have to keep a urban dictionary beside you at all times
( i mean litrally… which school in the world teaches word like “backmann” “fresnel” or even “voxel data”?)
:stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

thanks about my project. i wouldn’t discuss anything about the animation though… there are big ups and downs to that and i don’t know how much time it’ll take. and currently making a city whenever i open the blend file for it i see so much work to be done that i decide to take a nap instead. :slight_smile:

Yeah… actually I won my lifetime licence in one of their rendering contests.

Their educational pricing is about 1/4th of the full price though. It’s a fair price for the piece of software you get IMO.

But in the end it’s not about the tools themselves, it’s what you do with them. I frequently see Cycles renders that totally blow my mind.

The UI certainly is getting pretty heavy. For a long time I actually refused to upgrade from Blender 2.49 - actually I think I never even used 2.5x.

I’m back, with a little concept I’ve been working on for fun.

C&C welcome.

Glad your back Oscar,

just mind blowing realisme :), there is nothing else to say, i’m hoping to make a exterior render of my i8 (a serious one this time), and of course i’m counting on your experience with this type of rendering :wink:

Thanks for your comment - actually not that fond of that profile render, but considering that the backplate and the HDRI are from completely different locations, I suppose it turned out rather decent.

Had to check out just how far you’ve came with the i8… ridiculous, in a good way!

Looking forward to seeing your rendering attempts too. Obviously you’ve got a good grasp of materials and studio lighting - that’s the hardest part I think.

yeah me too, i’m hoping to learn something new from this project :slight_smile:

Just ask! :slight_smile:

Teaser…

:slight_smile:

Wonderful images, Oscar, the feeling of realness in the work is very nice. I’m sure a lot of this comes directly from Indigo, but your compositing also takes it to another level and should be acknowledged. Your new car is looking very nice, I especially love the detail in the close up images, the detailed edge highlights underlie the work you’ve put into creating it. Looking forward to seeing more, your images are always so varied!

Thanks man!

Here are two final studio shots for my super car design - might end up doing more angles at some point, but this is it for now, since I and my computer worked our arses off on them.

Comment and contructive crits welcome! :o

Haha thanks man! No steroids, just many hours of strategically placing lights and gradients, 12 hours of rendering per shot and post processing (mainly using curves). I am glad you appreciate the results.

Those mirrors have proven themselves quite controversial at other forums, but I decided to stick with them (like you said, can’t think of any other shape to put there).

I’ll check out that skyline. For serious crits on your car, you should consider posting it at smcars.net though. Great forum with great people.

Yeah welcome from you, you are the one who should say some constructive comments here, nothing to say from me, perfect modeling, perfect shaders, and perfect lighting . just perfect ;).

I’m really curious how do you get this nice and soft studio lighting ? for now i’m trying my best, experimenting with indigo and i start to get the idea (BTW : i really appreciate you help, with the pm ;), thanks).

Thanks mate,

I have a simplistic (not necessarily simple) approach - to underline and embellish the lines and surfaces as much as I can with my emitters, while keeping the lighting balanced. Looking forward to seeing your attempts with Indigo.

Absolutely nailed it.Honestly,I did not believe they were renders untill I saw the lighting setup of the Viper.Such realism.It’s amazing.I would really love to see the wireframe of any one of the model.You sir are an inspiration.

Thanks man!

Back at it guys… thinking about making a chunky little sister to my previous concept.