Orckish Warrior - Enemy demon

I can feel the heat he is emitting. Great! No eyes needed in my opinion.

Here is the sword.

I will now start rigging it.
I will make some test to create some additional torso features on the riggify addon to avoid corrective shapekeys for the pectoral, shoulder blades and trapezoid muscle wich are allways suffering bad deformation.

Mainly because they are deformed by only to bones, torso and clavicles.

I think witj simple addition we can result with a cool realistic deformation…
We’ll see.

looks great, i think leaving the eyes out creates a disconnect from anything familiar, The shader is crazy, Cant wait to see the rigged result.

Rigging is done and works super fine :), I’m supre happy about this as I4ve reworked it intirely after a loooonnnggggg and unsuccessfull debuging.
All corrective shapekeys are done also.

I’ve added a custom UI allowing me to tweak weapon snaping and lava emission level to create breathing and wrath effects.

I’ve also added bone chains on the neck and breast to have more realistic deformation of pectoral muscles, neck tandons and trapezoid muscle and it works super fine without corrective shpaekeys.

What a relief… I will make some poses and then work on an illustration and environement before diving in the short animation project.

Ok, so I will call it done for now.
I now need to think about an affordable environement… I don’t know yet where to start to give this character and the orckish warrior a descent battle scene.

I believe I will create some rough space, bake the combine texture and then create a proxy to get my character shadows.
I think I will also use a lot of mate painting… I don’t know.

Here is a pose render. I like it :slight_smile:

man great composition, you character in that pose looks pretty dinamic!

Great character,it could be an enemy of a hack n slash, the smoke is done in blender?

Looks awesome! 5* from me :wink:
Great retopo by the way, this model makes me want to animate it in a epic evil short, the demon casting some lava spells in a bunch of enemies in the top of a old destroyed church, oh yeah

Cheers mate!

ps: just finished watching the timelapse: how that music can be annoying?
annoying are the ppl who complain about it hahahah

cool that you will be making a short, looking forward to it!

Wonderful character, colours and composition.

Nope, made in post production. I just wanted to make a quick render to celebrate rigg completion.
such smoke would take decades to be simulated :smiley:
plus, I think I’ve used too much of it…(my GF didn’t like it :smiley: )

Thanks mate :slight_smile:

super cool. loving it

Brilliant!
Great character, shader, lighting and comp…what else to say?
Maybe your GF is right about the smoke…a little too much?

this is really cool!

Wow, a truly stunning model! I am looking forwad to seing in motion as you put so much effort into your rigs! I do not know any other artist around who can model, rig and animate all at at once the way you can.
The only thing that bugs me is the surface structure of the solidified lava, it does look more like plastic than stone. Increasing the roughness (According to this chart it should probaly be pretty close to 1)and giving it a bump map will probably fix that. You could try to mix a voronoi texture with waves or clouds for variation to achieve that porose kind of look.
And if you go with a smoke simulation late on, from what I have seen from stock footage I think the smoke should be a little thicker and cloudier than in the render.
Reallywesome project, I am sure it will turn out great!

Man, thanks a lot for your comment as the surface also anoyed me.
In fact, I will increase a little main bumpiness (Yes, there is and I’ve pent a lot of time painting it), I’ve already used vorony to give variation to the emissive and I do know it works fine… Some time, you need a third party to come in and say things to make them obvious.

Thanks a bout that, I will push the roughness to make it less sharpy glossy :slight_smile:

Very interesting document you’ve supplied, thanks a lot.

The battle could be in a spacing between a forest and a lava field where parts of the area are burning, by any rate love it!

hey Sepultura, thanks for the double comment.
has your user name anything in commonwith the very first metal band I’ve been listening too and that comes from Brasil as well as you.
under a pale grey sky, we shall…

congratulation for your amazing portal scene. Really inspiring as I will start preparing the environement for my short

Hi all,

A little tutorial based on this character :

Hi Pierrick very interesting tutorial, thanks for sharing that method, I use that method before for combine details too, also you can have a lot of bump maps nodes and create a chain of bumpines details for have more control :D.