Oculus Rift Development Kit 2 (DK2) support for BGE

I noted that viewport support for the occulus was added recently,
its in the mailing list, maybe that implimentation can help?

he uses offscreen rendering,

Ahhh, this is so sick!

I’m going to use Blender for quick prototyping now, this is great.

Thanks.

I have a provisory solution for BGE and Oculus using a more robust approach than the original one presented in this thread:

If you are in Windows you should notice a big difference, since it uses Direct Mode (thus generating a better performance).

The implementation may change and I may merge this into my viewport vr addon. But meanwhile early testers are welcome to give it a try (read the documentation on the github repository)

[QUOTE=dfelinto;2980129]If you are in Windows you should notice a big difference, since it uses Direct Mode (thus generating a better performance)./QUOTE]
Does this mean it won’t run on Linux/MacOSX? Hm… That’d be bad.

It runs in all 3 major OSs, but Oculus support to Windows is much better (direct mode, …)

Fu***! Again - Windows! :frowning:

Thanks for your implementation! It works great!
Now I can work efficently on my projects with my deskop (SDK0.8) and continue to work on my laptop with SDK 0.6 when i’m at school, just with changing “oculus” to “oculus_legacy”, it’s awsome! :slight_smile:
I’ve also found that framerate in BGE with your VR implementation have better framerate than viewport VR when using animations.

However I noticed that sometimes when you press a key assigned to an action (re-center camera for example), there is a delay before the action is executed, and sometimes key is totally missed.
Also, 2D Filters (SSAO, FXAA,etc…) seems to be not working with this implementation.

I’m on Windows10 and have Oculus-Runtime 0.8 installed(DK2). The Oculus is working (test-scene) but the example-file from martinsh is not working (console says: Oculus Rift is not connected). Can you please guide me how to make it work? Thanks in advance!

You might have to revert to an older driver.

Guys for me the head tracking is working but i can not see anything in the lens. Where could I be going wrong? I have only recently started using blender and i need DK2 to work with it for my thesis. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I m having a Oculus DK2 … ( almost obsolete now ) planning to buy a rift in a month or two but just wondering if anyone knows how to make blender game engine setup to run with Oculus VR in windows OS ? I never tried it before. any be I am asking very new-bee question… Pl. guide. would be great.
Note - I want to test on my recent VR supported laptop (Asus).