Norrolith's corner.

I dig stuff like this…great, great, great. Do me one in purple and green…If you have time and don’t mind. :slight_smile:

Keep posting

Experimenting with mixing textures.
I took a ocean shot, the falling icicles and the paper texture and mixed them up into this weird thing.
(Could I get some advice for changing my thread thumbnail?)
Image removed

(How the heck? I refreshed this page twice before trying to post again and then it’s a double post?)
Image removed

My apologise everyone, I am not sure what all happened.
(If i wanted to triple post I would have chosen a more impressive post.)
Tell you what james_Z, I can give you the node set up and you can make your own?

Playing around with make human.
Have a more serious idea than this underway, but see if you can identify what image this is based on.

It’s here!
Cycle smoke and fire.

Random sculpt, thought it was going to be a gnome, turned out to be this big nosed monk.

I know I keep referencing a project so here is another reference.

I have decided that in a abstract environment, using makehuman is too much detail.
Trying to rig it, running into trouble, anyone else have their bones only want to multiple of 90 degrees of rotation?

Great stuff you got here, I must try this edge render myself, but can you tell me how you did that particle render? I mean what is the input for color ramp for the particles colors depending on light strength? And this smoke, its baked in blender to make this nice volumetric light and texture?

Greetings Kjaku.
Edge render is fun. No two ways about it.
The particle stuff, I made that in cycles.
Used a colour ramp hooked up to the speed output of the particle info node.
Slower = redder if I remember right.
The smoke isn’t smoke.
It’s a glare node set to ghosts.
If you look you can see the echoed shapes of the particles.

Playing with reflection.
All these particles are just glossy, but the a reflecting a image of the Chicago skyline, projected onto a half sphere behind the camera.

Looked at pigarts isometric tutorial, made this.
Going to make a night version.
Edit:

Cool little scene, I like how it just consists of cubes in contrast to all these triangulated low-poly models out there. Of you gave it some more color variation like different greens ins the trees, this would come out even better I think.

You are right about the leaves and stuff.
I am tempted to try and remake it in unity.

to recreat: make a monkey, sculpt one side of it lightly in dyntopo. go into edit mode for the first time. ctrl+i alt +s. then ctrl+i and hit shade smooth.

Messing with myconids.

Lamprey, truned into some sort of primeaval fish leech.

Random doodling, was going to be an ood but thought better of it.

Browsed Kfir’s blog, don’t know whether to be inspired or discouraged.
either way I am impressed.
Here is a sculpt based off a sketch received by a friend. took it through retopo and made it robotic.

I Know I made it way to dark but I like it that way.
Here is a brighter one. any advise on lighting would be appreciated.

Random stuff.