New Blender Guru Contest: Characters

So close…

Great work, looks exactly like Mercury’s pose.

here is my entry
Hope you like it :slight_smile:

Hello everyone! This is my entry for this year!
I may still update this image.

This looks great, man, but you’re only allowed one entry. I’d say you pick the one you like better and keep that while you edit the other post and clarify that it’s not your entry (like, take down the image or something). But they’re both nice renders, so keep up the good work.

Smacks forehead. Are you for real? Are you from this planet? Mars might be a safer bet.

Sorry but I’ve never heard anything so stupid - except from the 10 year old I babysat when I was a brat and that kid had learning issues to begin with.

I quoted other people’s work NOT MY OWN.

He clearly wasn’t referring to your post, but instead, the same post that you were referring to (as indicated by the “Originally Posted by mattiaslind93”). You are too quick to attack someone’s intelligence when you should listen to your own advice. It was excessive and very unnecessary. It is obvious that you enjoy posting your opinion more than you like reading those of others. I think he deserves an apology.

On another note, this will be my first BG competition and I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s entries as well as submitting my own. Good Luck to All!

Dude… he was not talking to you. Get a grip.

Hmm, that’s quite a response…
Just to clarify. I answered you, then I commented on the guy’s work, ok? I haven’t submitted anything yet.

P.S. By the way, I actually have no idea what you were trying to say with that post.

P.P.S. Yeah, I’m from Mars!

My entry, headless wizard http://pasteall.org/pic/67801

Here is my entry, Headless wizard http://pasteall.org/pic/67801

My entry, Headless Wizard http://pasteall.org/pic/67801

Ok here is my submission…as you can tell, kind of a parody of James Bond opening credit and a Chicken…hence the name of 00Cluck. If I can figure out better materials I will update, else wise I’m happy with the model itself and color.

Hi everyone: yesterday I try to upload my project but I had technical problems, so I try again today.
My project is inspired in a maya Death God. I hope you like it…

I upload an image and I linked with the sketchfab model but I don´t know how to upload the .blend file.

Thank you

Ah, el “talentoso” y el estúpido … tan maravilloso. Inglés es un lenguaje simple, si usted puede utilizarlo correctamente. Obviamente esto es mucho pedir. Lo hablo y lo entiendo, mejor. Y ni siquiera es mi primera lengua. Qué patético.

This looks great, man, but you’re only allowed one entry. I’d say you pick the one you like better and keep that while you edit the other post and clarify that it’s not your entry (like, take down the image or something). But they’re both nice renders, so keep up the good work.

If comprehension is dulled I will explain - that post was to me, in a response to my comments. Obviously owldud can’t write proper English as the way that comment is worded gives credit to me for my referencing other people’s work … But they’re both nice renders, so keep up the good work… Very simple to understand if one understands the English language.

I do like how the other payasos jump on the bandwagon and probably didn’t even comprehend either.

False, he quoted mattiaslind93, who has posted two separate times now in this thread, with two separate entries.

Good lord you are self-centered.

Ahem. I wasn’t replying to you at all, I was addressing the guy who you had referenced earlier on. He posted 2 images (one on page 1, the other on page 2) so I was recommending that he only keep the one he wants to be his one official entry.

I have no idea where you’re getting the information you use for these posts. Why are you telling me who I replied to? Moreover, you need not claim that you understand English better (as was claimed in Spanish, oddly enough) since if there is any unclarity it who I’m replying to, it doesn’t rely on any lingual understanding or misunderstanding on my part, seeing as usernames show up in any language, code, or imagery the users wish to represent themselves. Nevertheless, were there any such mistakes in relation to lingual misunderstanding, I would assume, with all due respect, that they would be on your part, as English is my first language (as you can probably tell from the above paragraph).

Here is my entry:

I recorded myself in a timelapse series making this character, which you can go check out here:

@mukibleilok , super nice character… lots of personality.

My wife inspired me to finally finish this piece. It’s called ‘My Race, My Pace’ and it’s dedicated to her and her running. It’s not about winning the gold, but in finishing the race.

Attachments

Finally figured out how to make skin the way I wanted (so that it looked more like something painted on a claymation model) to. I’ll be tweaking it a bit but in the end I don’t want to spend too much time on the first model b/c I already know how many things i want to do differently on my next one. I’ll post a bigger picture once I rig the character and can put him in an actual pose.