MV Agusta Brutale Motor

Why? Blender is just a tool… it takes an artist to produce great work.

Annnyyywaaayyy… truely excellent piece so far, the sheer detail of it literally hurts my brain. Thankyou for sharing the wireframes too.

I think I may have just had a Polygasm…

I’m curious how you achieved the weld seem on the engine stand

I beg to differ here. Invested labor time is not what makes an artist.

This artist vs software statement is the most hollow and overused statement ever.

However great model, shows in some areas issues but the detail depths makes it a pleasure to look at.
The yellow is also to saturated in the rendering.

Take a look at the wireframe views they reveal that. Simple smart polygon layout that create the fillets on the fly.

cekuhnen : Gratz on pointless criticism…

@ yii7

Want to explain why it is pointless to point out an overused statement which is also wrong?!

Maybe you did not yet discover the difference between attention to detail, labor time, and artistic application of a process.

I did not rip his work apart, it is very detailed and well modeled. The layout is pretty smart and works in nearly all situations.
I spotted some problematic areas but thats due to the limitation of polygon modeling and SDS.

However as others i am personally tired of the it is the artist not the tool comparison because it is wrong.

That’s all.

what is this ?! super amazing love this work realy **** + *

Thank you all for the kind comments.
And thanks so much for the featured spot :slight_smile:

With the new tools that are coming with the latest blender versions, modeling is becoming much easier and faster.

1.58 billion in the 3d view when modelling, ~3 billion on rendering stage.

It’s quite easy:

• at first I create a geometry with two separated objects, the base and the weld.

• than I export them in Zbrush or Sculptris and sculp by hand the weld seams

• finaly I export back in Blender the high-poly sculpted seam and bake the normal on the lowpoly adjusted geometry.

I hope I explained :slight_smile:

The time necessary to make a good result is inversely proportional to the quality of the software you are using (not counting the capacity of the user) but if you don’t have the eye and a bit of artistic sense you’ll never do a good work.
And I agree with you that in certain case using the right software is fundamental, like modeling mechanical parts or components.

The engine/cycle render was awesome!

Amazing work! Love all the details that makes the difference between good and amazing.

@ Square

Thank you for the explanation :slight_smile:

jalipur ucaiilibikpi http://amesuzuriqut.com/

wow that must have been taking forever. Really great attention on the details and the materials. Just maybe do it a little bit less poly and take advantage to bmesh. But hey still not bad. i really like it

Great work square. I was wondering you where you want to, way to come back to the forums man 5*'s

@jafem yeah sure a bit less polys:rolleyes: with hard surface you can’t skimp on polys when stuff gets this complex. use too few and its hello pinching. Personally some of the edges Square reduced using triangles I would have let the loops run clean through but that’s just me I am crazy like that.

@cekhunen I am with you on point on tools, the matter. You need to know their strengths and weakness anyone who doesn’t ignores this to their peril. Though in the this case I am not sure how much that matters as the tools used for this model are probably standard and available in most packages out their.

I think this model is in fact impressive because it was done within the limitations of sub-d modeling doing this in a solid modeling package like AutoCAD Inventor where things like topology are removed from the equation wouldn’t have been as impressive.

Amazing and beautiful work.

I am wont to say that while a bad craftsman blames his tools, a good craftsman needs good tools.

Blender qualifies as a good tool (insert smiley of your choice here).

3 billion vertices? r u sure??

maybe u meant 3 million…

Square, the reason why I would stay away from that comparison is simply because specifically here at this forum that slogan is often used to hammer those down who ask for tool improvements and told they are not using Blender right.

In real life it comes down to efficiency.

Of course with out skill also a software will not help making good work.

Interesting workflow creating the weld seams by the way. It would be awesome in case Cycles would get an edge rounding shader.

Must’ve taken a while to render…

The Automotive subdivision series by Howard Lincoln at 3dpalace is a prime example of what is achievable when you put an artist in front of a 3d modelling package. I’ve only completed the brake disc but it looks very similar to the tutorial.