Multithreaded Level of Detail & Procedural Loading [High Performance]

Sorry, but that’s impossible. Please download it again.
It have some tendency to crash when closing the bge, but it’s very rare, and never at the opening.

Does he only have 1 thread?

I think it’s not important, since every application is multithreaded nowadays. For example: Blender itself uses more than 10 threads.

Could you have it compare distance to bounding box size somehow?

so buildings that are big load up before bushes etc?
in the distance?

I just read it a few minutes ago in a thread (about async) you quoted Stewie xD
It’s a good idea and of course it could be done :slight_smile: … added it to the WIP list :slight_smile:

here is a building…

is there any way to do this with code?(the 2 sprite part)

they need a image of the building rendered onto them every X frames (update sun angle etc)

we could kick the crap out of fallout :slight_smile:

Attachments

LodBlend.blend (806 KB)

the 2d sprites are just the shape rotated 45 and then flatend on an axis, and rotated back the 45
(on the 45 angles building sprites*)

is there any algorythim to mix the models @ angles together to make new map? (the sprites)

like it is simplifying on the fly based on camera angle and loading “bubble” ?

could that be another thread?:slight_smile:

It crashes when the ball hits the floor i mean.

Neither ball can hit the floor, because every object is static.

Have you tried to download it once again? What blender version do you use? Have you tried to uncheck Dynamic Loading and/or LOD percentage in the top left corner? Is it work for you in the 0.1 version?

Please tell me everything about the problem.

I am using blender 2.65.

My script was written on 2.65, and it was tested on all builds to 2.61, and never crashed during the tests.

(During the development It crashed for me sometimes, but just because while I wrote the script it was unstable… and never during the gameplay but when I hit Esc)
But I can assure you that the version which I uploaded is stable. (Else I wouldn’t upload it)

If you want me to help you, please be cooperative. I asked you four questions and you just answered one…

Could you give me a screenshot of dynamic loading and lod percentage?

Sure… here you are:

When i uncheck procedural loading it does not crash.I tried the other blend it crashes.

Hmm, what pc/os? Could it be related to that?

It is a dell pc.I have to find out what the os is.

What about python ver?

Well, that’s interesting, because if you turn off procedural loading, the same algorithm is executed as in the ‘other blend’.

(So version 0.1 works exactly that way as version 0.2 with procedural loading turned off)

I have Python 3.2.It is bundled python though because i have makehuman.

Congrats to this nice script! :slight_smile:

It works itself very well, but not in one special case.
I’m loading my Szenario(Neverton) via “libload” into the game(Load-Test) and it won’t work.

I think it’s a problem because the mesh-name is changing while libload the object.
Do you have any Idea how I could get it working?

I’m trying it more than 3 days and get no real result yet.

Load-Test.blend (95.5 KB)
Neverton.blend (322 KB)

(Place both files in a same directory)

Many thanks,
Flo