Monolith Zombie Survival.

I like zombies, what can i say?
No, the reason for creating this game is twofold:

1. i want to develop a working, networked FPS in Blender
    2)i wish to create a game around Zombies.

It’s cliched because people like zombie games;
i have no interest in Dinosaurs or anything else really.
But i see your point, so thank you!

Main reason is because I would love to play a left 4 dead dinosaur style. Imagine instead of the big gorilla like tank. There would be a huge T rex. That would be awesome :slight_smile: But keep going with zombies if they facinate you :stuck_out_tongue:

Aah! Well, you never know!
You may as well start one yourself. The first attempt at this game was a learning project, and so i am now recreating it to a much higher standard

Progress update:

New Gun screen added.
New images added.
Player set-up re-working in progress.
Development speed increased

I’d definately be interested in joining. I can model and texture props such as chairs, boxes, tables, bins or anything else thats needed I can also make maps, basically model anything other than characters and guns which im not so good at. I also wouldn’t lose interest any time soon, if I start something I usually finish it :smiley: anyways if you need a modeller i’d love to join, I can also do the website if you want me to.

Hello acid penguin.
I have to say, you couldn’t have come at a better time! I am desperately in need of a modeller at the moment - i may have one, but there is a lot of work to be done! I hate to ask, but could you send me some screenshots of any work that you have done, so i can get an idea of your skill? Next up, i have very few models in the areas that you mentioned, and so i would be delighted if you were able to become a member of the team! I’ll be updating the main post in a minute, so check it. I have a website at the moment, but it is not fully functional because i just moved hosts, and the mysql databases are messed up. Many thanks. i’ll add you to the member list.

Thats awesome just say what needs to be done and I can get to work on it, here are some screenshots:

Ok, the first task is a BIG one, but crucial to the game.
I’ll post the concept, and some references!
Island 1
Island 2
Island 3

Essentially, what i would like is a remote, cold island.
[Scene 1] The player commences the campaign upon the crashing of a Cold-War era bomber aircraft, which is shot down by some form of energy weapon over a remote pacific island. This first opening scene continues for the duration of 5/6 minutes, after which point the player controls are disabled, and a cinematic is played. When the cinematic finishes, the player appears to “lose conciousness” and resumes on the island shore, stormy weather in the background, both pilots dead.
Modelling the front part of the island as given in the references.
Il’ll write more on it , im just pushed
If you were able to do the island in parts, then i can reduce the workload, i can do parts myself. Think of it as segments,
The main them is Rocky, Stormy and evil!

wow that last screen reminded me of the last part of “singapore sling” from “medal of honor rising sun” xD great work btw so far it looks good :slight_smile:

Thank you very much!
Acid penguin, my other modeler Mitchel will work with you on the island if that’s ok? it’s a big job!
Next up, which of you can animate?

Hello Acid Penguin im Mitchell :smiley:

Should I take care of the weapons then ?

What’s your area of expertise? e.g props?

Also, here is one of the items on the island. It will be half-crumbled, leaning on it’s side with ivy covering it.
http://oi56.tinypic.com/2qm2oo4.jpg

I can work on anything actually. I make game ready models, with all maps and textures.
I am trying to make a list of weapons used in that time, here is what I got so far:
-Colt M1911
-M3 Grease Gun
-M1 Thompson
-M1 Garand
-M1 Carbine
-Springfield M1903
-M1 Bazooka
-M2 Flametrower

These are all american weapons from that time, but I guess you also want some german weapons so I will find some.
Should I start modeling ?

Yes, although, could you start modelling the SPLITTER found on the first page?
you’ll be in charge of weapons for now.

AcidPenguin+Mitchel will work on the island map!
Me, i’m texturing and creating some concept art, then on to some python

No problem, can you describe the splitter a little bit more and what it does.

The Spitter is a gun that fires acid, burning anyone who comes into contact with it.
It glows green in the parts colored green, and fires a stream untill th canister empties.
It has a detachable mag (the canister) and doesn’t have to be reloaded, just canister replaced

Can I change the design a little bit to fit it better in that era and stuff like that ?

Yes, but bear in mind this is a nazi weapons facility, (they experimented with bio… went wrong), so it can look futuristic

Hey mitchell, i’m ready to get started on the Island, how will we start? do you have skype because that would probabaly be easier than here?