Modeling a PC Mouse

Scaling to 0 along Z as JuhaW suggested should work, provided that the pivot point is suitable (such as the default median) and shrinkwrap does its thing. In your screenshot you’re edge sliding with even option but it chose the wrong edge. The red dot indicates which one is chosen and you can flip it with F key, it should even out along the bottom edges.

Thanks for the kind comments, glad to hear they help. Not sure about the master part but I try and have picked few things over the years, as you have and will.

About the book part, that could be a strong maybe. Hypothetically speaking, it could be extremely difficult to limit and pick right stuff for a technical book to not make it boring or confusing. That could be order of magnitude more difficult than the content itself. For example, such book might have 10 chapters and table of contents might have 151 lines that would need to make sense. If I would’ve thought of it, that is.

Hmzz frustraiting… i try everything but i cant get all the vertices on the edge in 1 line.
The vertices in the red circle dont co-operate with the others!

Then it’s likely it’s the shrinkwrap that moves them. You can apply it and clean edges afterwards but move on to modeling the rest first.

Modifiers are in effect from top down and that’s the recommended order if you apply modifiers. So if you have mirror before shrinkwrap, will have to apply that first and then shrinkwrap. Those two are not hard to revert but one should never apply those that are, like subdivision surface. At least backup copy the file before applying modifiers if you’re not sure what is going to happen.

@Ja12,

I should not be so hard with things… last night i tought its redicules that i not just move that 1 Vert. manual -_-
But for now ill wil mess around with this and ill show some results soon,
meenwile i thank you again for the patient you have with me!

Hmzz oké one more…
As you can see at 1 and 2 the job get done but the hotkeyview is not showing all the hotkeys.
So i dont know what i need to do…

And than this -> Alt + Period ( what is period button… btw sounds kinda wierd to me lol )

Another Sample why i need to know the queston of my post before… please guys its taking to long already this project :frowning:

It’s the hotkey for active element pivot, the point along which the scaling happens. alt+period = alt+. There are other pivot options too, could use 3d cursor for example.

Am realy sorry i just dont get it, am realy trying… pressing all kind of combinations ive learned the last 10 years!
I just feel so *&^% stuppid sometimes… I dont know if i should continue this, i don’t want to be ignorant.

Biggest problem might be that you’re trying to follow steps that I didn’t show. I couldn’t have because I don’t know the design, seeing small glimpses of it as the thread progress and even if I did, it would take considerable time to make a tutorial that shows the tools and how to fix potential problems step-by-step.

Shrinkwrap puts vertices on the backing object. If you have a coarse object, it’s a very rough wrap because the vertices are quite far away from the surface. When you add more cuts, the actual point of the vertices is still somewhere on the original mesh.

To make shrinkwrap more precise you would add more geometry and then apply the shrinkwrap modifier and add another one. That way you add more geometry for better approximation of curved surfaces, conform that geometry on the backing object by applying the modifier, which then can be used as more refined starting point for the new shrinkwrap. Or you might not need the second shrinkwrap anymore, or might use it later, it’s up to you.

Oké i ‘‘THINK’’ am slowly getting ther, at the N1 mouse you stil see error-line at the mirrorpoint,
BUT… at N2 you dont, ( 1 = 2 sub. / 2 = 3 sub. )