mice

Once in a while a great image emerges here. Just awesome work.

BgDM

Thanks for that information! Aw rats, I have to actually work at lighting to get a good hair/fur effect. Darn, I was hoping it would be done for me if I added enough particles.

Thanks, and again, awesome picture.

LGM

Moved to the gallery.

BgDM

Very nice, but a wee bit o’ a continuity problem: the corn and the paint-can simply cannot be out-of-focus when the cement wall behind them both is sharp. I think that both objects should also be sharp.

ah cute. looks like a painting

That is so sweet, do you have the blender file? I’d love to see how you made the textures.

Cool picture. Hopefully there’s no cats around. :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting the pre-rendered version too.

Very nice job. I really like this one. Nice idea, well executed, and very expertly crafted.

2d

5 stars. Great job. I love you lighting and materials.

Great image, looks really like a photograph :wink:
I am suprised of how big part of the image is done by textures.

Wow! it looks real…keep it up dude!

Pure skillz! I was beyond impressed with the end result, but then to see how elegantly simple your wireframe is…it just shows that it’s way more than just the modelling that counts. Also it reminds me how far I have to go in understanding this art form.

I’m curious about a couple things in specific:
Firstly, how did you get the paint on the can to be shiny while the rest of the can is matte? It looks like more than just a skin/texture, and I can see from the wireframe that the can is just one object.
Secondly, I noticed that in the wireframe the tip of the corn cob is smooth, although in the final render it looks all bumpy and intricately textured.
Anyone who knows, plz share!
-QA

@quantum:
he has posted a tutorial for the corn on the german forum where you also can see the progress of the picture.
For the tip of the corn cob he used a displacement map.

@ whereswaldo:

I am sorry, but I prefer to keep the blend :wink:
most textures are applied via UV mapping. I used photographs and painted some in the GIMP. There was no need to be very careful in unfolding the meshes - a big advantage of dirty and hairy objects :slight_smile:

@ Quantum Anomaly:

as neablo told:

the corncobs stern got a fine cloudy displacement-texture - it was great luck that only the tip had this strong displacement :slight_smile:

the mentioned “Tutorial” is available here - in german (is there anyone interested in an english version?)

http://blendpolis.de/f/download.php?id=12276

the shiny areas on the color can you can realize with a specularity map - black is shiny, white is dull.

thats really good you should post an english turtial

oh this hungry rats or may be mice…not cared of their sex… finishing their breakfast FAST

Nice work : ) this render is awesome! ;D

Very well done. The composition has a nice sublime effect.

The choice of subject is nice and unusual.
Good stuff.

very abnormal and i like that