Medieval times

Yet Another Wow Render! :slight_smile:

edit: ehi, it’s a two years old post…

Wonderful. You know what would have been really funny? If the artist put him/herself in the mirror reflection, sitting at computer, as the artist.

You know, at one level I certainly like this render, and I certainly appreciate the skill that went into creating a very nice “Dutch Masters” look to it … but I also think that the lighting is rather unfocused and the composition is sending my eyes in the wrong direction.

That the lighting is correct I do not doubt. But the “brightest and most contrasty” thing in the picture is the window … which is absolutely bulls-eye in the middle of the frame … and the second brightest thing is a water-pot on the left edge of the scene, whereas the apparent human subject of the shot is on the right.

If the shot is about the mother and her baby, then employ the light and the composition to draw attention … and feeling … to these. For example, what if (unnoticed unless you pointed it out) there is a warm-toned keylight on her in this otherwise austere, bluish scene? What if she were moved forward, perhaps to a rule-of-thirds position, with the window-light also now coming at her slightly from about ten o’clock? Maybe just a glimpse of a colorful stained-glass window to give a little explanation to this key-light?

Now, you’ll have warmth. And the eye will be drawn to that reddish warm color, hence to the subject.

From there, the eye will now “walk” in a probably anti-clockwise circular path, from light to light, taking in the entire scene and (finding no more-prominent feature upon which to rest) will return again and again to … the mother and her child.

The viewer probably won’t be conscious that they’re doing this but they will be pleased to find themselves doing this.

I really enjoy your image TY

Looks very realistic, although I think you should remove the lady, cuz she looks like a doll on the pic. The rest is stunning!

Super work the medieval atmosphere and the sense of art is everywhere. Love it, i cant find anything for crit.

Medevil ftw <3

wow thats amazing, I like how you included the mirror reflection n all

Looks great!

The wood textures are incredible, it really gives a nice cozy effect to the scene. Congrats!