Mech in Woods (WIP)

I know it has been a while, so I thought I’d through a quick animated bit out there.

Here is link to a Battletech movie:

• Starting at about 2 minutes is a running Mech. When I see yours, I thought of that one. It’s close. But, I think your’s is a bit smooth, if you take my meaning. I don’t think it should be that way. I see those things being more rumbly.

Great work here though.

Thanks tc2466!

Honestly, I was just discussing the lack of roughness in the walking with some friends. I’ll be updating this in a week or so. Thanks for the link though, it will really help!

Here is an updated walk cycle.

Still haven’t gotten dear Gorge done yet.
Latter this week I intend to post a blocked out version of my animation.

Another video of my walk tests. This time includes the rig structure.

A full tour through my current mech and rig (rig version 3.011). I intend to fix up the mech’s rig for better ease of animation. Allowing for a set of bones for walk cycles, and a set for other motions.

Still welcoming any advice and/or recommendations regarding this project.

Sorry that it has been so long. Summer school put a kink in my pipeline. Anyways here is a glimpse at what I have accomplished.

Gorge’s shoulders are fixed, the body has been redone, and the head has been smoothed out a bit. Also, his rig has been redone for better control. This image was rendered at 3,000 samples.

Next step for this section of the project is to add textures to everything.
Other sections include the main scene with the mech and the outhouse in the snow, the cockpit, and the grabbing of the outhouse (still no clue how I’m going to pull that one off).

A quick demo of the WIP rig’s deformation for Gorge.

Also, trying to figure out the clothing design has been a pain thus far… But a friend of mine is going to help straighten it up.

Anouther update to the face rig. I also turned down the number of cycles to render faster (10 passes) and at 810 x 810 resolution.

https://youtu.be/FU-m-bJx3J0