Maid_San (Manga style girl in a maid costume)

most excellent !!! very sexy…

There are couple of these magnificent toon shaded pictures I have seen lately made with blender… have to check out toon shading more closely myself too…

Just great pictures… just great!

EDIT: By the way, is there some sort of different kind of rules for face topology for cartoon characters than if trying to make realistic face (as your mesh face topology is quite different than if you would do a realistic face)?

I would think that this has to do with how the end result is intended to be used. The real-estate in a “realistic” mesh is meant to seem realistic and requires a certain amount of planning so that the deformations can at least approach realistic.

With this model however, following edge loops set down by TorQ who no doubt lifted it from others could be done but because the whole face is not directly involved in mouth and eye deformations (may they are to some small part) the mash does not have to be organized that way.

I’m just guessing. Can’t you tell?

Thanks a lot of comments^^.

By the way, is there some sort of different kind of rules for face topology for cartoon characters than if trying to make realistic face (as your mesh face topology is quite different than if you would do a realistic face)?

In My Humble opinion, Comparatively flat and smooth curved. But chin(jaw) is sharp.
Small and Simple mouth,nose, and Big eyes. Mouse, nose and eyes are located lower half of the face.

>>zog34
As you say, outline of the face doesn’t move when operate Shape Key. I do Keep up the curve of the face as much as possible.

That is one of the cleanest meshes i’ve seen in a while. Welcome to the boards.

One of the toughest challenges in doing anime faces in Blender is getting the eyes right. FEDB’s solution to this is brilliant. Welcome to the forum, FEDB. Outstanding work.

Are the poses done with an armature or shape keys?

Poses are done with an armature. Shape key control expression of face.
I use yagapayanata Rig. It’s well balanced rig (useful and simple), I think.

I’m planning simple walk cycle with softbody cloth effect.

Awesome rendering…Excellent job…

This is absolutely fantastic work! I wondered why I haven’t seen this style of work on the forum here before, you’re new! Welcome! I look forward to seeing more work from you in the future!

I have 1 crit though, the hair looks a bit too plastic. kinda doesn’t fit properly with the rest of model. Either way. I still love it. :smiley:

凄いですね!

Excellent work. Welcome to the forum.

いやはや、参りました、本当にスゴイです!!
Excellent work :eek:

As you say, hair looks strange. More realistic or more manga_like makes a better result. My models hair is halfway, worth result, I think.

Wow! Japanese comments! PEKORI m(_ _)m

I’ll just join in the choir. Fantastic renders and model. Even the hands and fingers look very natrual.

Wow. That’s very cool.

That’s actually one of the best anime style texturing/renderings I’ve seen so far. I’ve seen many people get the modeling done pretty good but failing at textures. Yours looks just believable. :RocknRoll:

1 Like

Mesh is good, but materials are what make your image so very compelling. Really good. I’d be interested in seeing a detailed material setup. Do you suppose your configuration could be convincingly animated?

Very nice. Thanks for posting.

thumbs up for the modeling and texturing. I really like the hands and how they are posed

Great work. Where are the mods? This is a Gallery Work. 5 Stars!

FEDB, can you share with us at least some of your shaders? At least the face or the hair of the girl?

that is suberb work congratulations, are you going to animate this model?

Hey, could you do a bit suitable sized version out of that first pic. I think it would work well as a background.