Low poly drop ship for animation

thankyou for the support

i just want a drop ship to animate and test my animating skills then post it to youtube and here. that’s it. i don’t want to make money off of the animation or model or anything.

I really don’t care whether what I’m doing is necessarily original, but I want my work to be legal and meaningful. By “meaningful,” I mean there has to be something that separates my work from the dozens of free drop ship models like the one cerfribar posted. A 5 minute search turned up models that are waaay better than anything I can do. I assume YOU wanted something different, considering none of the other ships are satisfactory.

I’ll build the other ship you posted if you want. In fact, I started last night. I was mainly concerned that you said you always contact artists before using their art, but apparently did not, and you definitely don’t give credit on the swords on your devientart. Legalities aside, it’s a bit rude.

But in any case, I’ll build the dropship from whatever artwork. Sorry if I made this into too big of a deal, but it’s confusing when you post many different ships and then give conflicting messages about how you found the concept work.

my apologies…this has not been my week…as for the drop ship i will credit all artist in the video credits.

Seriously? You all think a concept artist cares if one tiny 3D artist uses his work to along with many other images to make a model. I mean most 3D pieces will not look just like the concept, and if he did not want anyone to take the concept why post it at all? Concept art is just that. It is not illegal to use it as a reference without questioning anyone. Polite, but not illegal.

what a fuz about nothing, he had ideas, people asked for images, he linked some images and then people blamed him about legal things. I mean if i would say:
Could you draw a car
i’d say sure i can, what kind of car do you have in mind.
Then he would say well a racing car
Then i might ask well a ferrari like car or more something like an Formule1
Then he would say well more like formula1
Ok and then i’d say well let me try.

I would send some low res picture and ask is this what you have in mind ?
And then claim it on artistic rights and insights, to finish the model, have some chat in between and be done.

When people ask for photo’s they shouldnt want to reproduce it 100%, shame on you is your creavity dead ?
Do you still need a drop ship, if so responce i will make something without looking at any pictures its 100% original creative work.

is this sorta what you are looking for? Definitely low poly

Razorblade: It’s a fuss because I asked for concept art to make an EXACT replica of. I want legitimate concept art because I am not experienced designing ships and don’t have the time to study engines and aerodynamics in order to make something believable.

The big problem was that moviemake said he always contacted artists beforehand, but didn’t. He didn’t even credit the artist. Nor did he credit the artists on those swords. Do you want to work for someone with a sketchy history of giving credit where it’s due?

But, as I said in my last post, I’m already building a ship…

Here we go " Similar to a halo drop ship and a Star troopers drop ship." notice the words “SIMILAR” “LIKE” “MORE LIKE THIS” i don’t want an exact copy but more of that than this. I want more apples than carrots.

I see a drop ship animation in a game (doom 3) and i am like wow, i wounder if i can do that. Build a short story and then start building and texturing assets. but i need a drop ship…hmm, i will go ask on blender artist and ask if someone wants to help.Put up a few reference images so you know i want a specific type of ship. There is a difference between a shuttle and a drop ship.

Instant attack…well that went nice. been on the forum for a few years and wow i have never been attacked like this.

also when i make something exactly of the 2d art i will generally ask the artist if they mind. The drop ships where reference and not do be duplicated. also since they will be low poly they will not be totally the same. also some changes may happen once the model is in my hands.

I am interested in what you call fan art? All the fake halo short clips and fan arts that people do? they make exact replicas of stuff and don’t ask the owners. did you know master chief’s suit is copy protected but yet many fan versions are made. does 343/bungie/ Microsoft go after them…NO (unless they claim the “idea” theirs.

also with the help of Google image search you can find out where i got the images…

the fact remains is that all i wanted was a drop ship for a non-profit animation to post on youtube, deviant art, blender artist. that was it.