Long Perspectives with CGI

In Blender perspective it is one basic mode to render and straight forward to use or the other mode ortho
you don’t even have to think about it
it is automatically done for you which is nice indeed.

same thing with light set up in 3D blender does all the calculations for you in the render
don’t have to simulate shadows too.

from that point of view blender is very good , easy to use and fun to experiment with.

happy bl

Let me enlight something, since Ibdid manual architecural drawings before the autocad age, in photo realism, based upon 2D building floorplans and front / side views.
If one manualy draws, one need more perspective points when things are angled in their z axis.
each object wherever it might be, but under the same z angle will share the same vanishing point.
Its not only with z axis but this the easiest to understand, trains who are on paralel railroads will have their railroads share that vanishing point. But also the roof angle of houses on the same streat have that (vanishing point above horizon).
To start with just 2 points, is fine too because its also posible to reconstruct from that other z angles without drawing them on paper.

For the single vanishing point… there is also something else closely related to it, its the fish eye perspective, a cube in this perspective should have slightly rounded edges. This effect depends on focal length of the camera. camera manufactors tend to minimize this distortion for normal lenses.

It’s quite possible to get it all done in the one render and not split the render too much. It will just take a long time to render :slight_smile: And you can cheat the level of detail for distant objects which can help. This is a fairly low poly crudely animated test I did this week. Quite low sampled so may need max quality.

It’s not really a problem, providing your computer can handle all the geometry, textures etc. This was created on a modest older Mac mini.
I’ve noticed a big improvement on viewport performance in 2.76 which makes huge scenes really possible!