Loft in cloister

I already saw that on the octane render forum. Very beatiful renders. I can’t decide which one is the best!

The Grand Master Enrico strikes again !!!

Le grand Enrico a encore frappé ! Magnifique, tu restes encore une référence, une source d’inspiration, BRAVO !

Inspiring as always, thanks for posting this.

Awesome as usual, Enrico. This time, though, I don’t like the trees. They look like alpha planes (maybe they actually are). Anyway, top notch work.

Thanks again to everyone,

@Zander Nicolic & Lived : All trees are polygons and I agree, those plan trees are not as expected, I probably should have make them differently, next time :wink:

@Leonnn : I used two different planes, one for gravel and one for the short grass one over the other and applied a disp map on each one so they mixed naturally together, I used weight with vertex group to gradually reduce the displacement on the gravel near the sides to get more short grass, this way it better join the high grass on each side of the walk path. A bit tricky but definitely useful :wink:

as usual, fantastic renders, gonna take a look next time in Liege.

Great renderings! Octane must be awsome but your modelling and texturing work is what does it, surely.
The architectural solution does not seem right though, too agressive on the old bricks. Though I would like living in that peaceful spot, I wouldn’t cut that modern window wall in it. At first when browsing the images I thought there are two completely different projects shown.
But interesting work and I wish I had images looking like this :slight_smile:

Wow! Beautiful.

OMG! So amazing!

Great to see you in Blenderartist.org.
Amazing work–as always. :slight_smile:

Magnifique!

AWESOME! nothing else to say

It is really doing a well job to fool me into thinking, that it is real. I wonder how this would look in Blender aka Cycles compared to Octane.

Hi,
The idea was to use a restored cloister to integrate a loft.

You are here: Home Loft in Cloister. -. 544.jpg. Detail · Comment Image. Year2009. ModelingBlender.

Like the little imperfections in the carpet - really sells the renders as being that little bit more realistic.

I’m really impressed by the texture quality. Are they photos, or large flatbed scans of physical material similar to what Arroway Textures does?

The modelling, as others have said, is also top drawer stuff.

Looking sooo good! Are you sure that they are renders? :eyebrowlift2::smiley: They just look like photographies!

Awesome interiors. I might get rid of the leaf in the first one, or adjust the colors because at first I thought it was something else…

Is Octane an open source renderer? This looks very photo-real.