Lamborghini Aventador J [FINISHED]

yeah, in the actual car it is sort of welded together so it’s the same concept.

very glad that you read this thread from beginning, i actually used two different blueprints. here’s a story :-
so as you may know that this car has a lot of complicated geometry and it needed to be accurate.
so the-blueprints.com site just got some accurate one’s but they were paid,
so i just know a google images glitch from which i was able to download it but not in too high res.
and here’s what you want to know. when parts got hidden or not in too much detail on the blueprints.com blueprint then i downloaded a 3d model from google sketchup’s website of 3d warehouse and it had the car modeled in 3d already, so i quickly hided the rest of the parts of the model excluding the one which i had to model and took a front , top , side render from it. since that model was made before any blueprint was out in the internet i constantly had to cross check it with the site’s(blueprints.com) blueprint and was a lot of pain.
and now back to the-blueprints.com blueprint as it has the interior part.
and they weren’t my own blueprints technically.

are these the ones you already got? http://www.the-blueprints.com/modules/vectordrawings/preview-wm/lamborghini_aventador_j_2012.jpg

yeah. this is the one. but it’s not in very much detail. so i used the 3d reference

another update.

wire

Looking good

thanks ! thanks !

okay, so i am gonna now reveal my plan which will then relate to a question. begin :-
so every car that I’ve modeled until now was for a purpose. a big 3-4 minut animation of these racing and stuff on a highway and roads (which can be a great pain, i tried to in my previous thread) and since this car will be in animation it would need to be realistic, my question is how much realistic? what parts of a car are necessary for an animation.
take the highlighted area for an example

do i need to model it?. i mean in my animation it’s not gonna travel inside those spaces and even if it does lighting won’t make it noticeable, so should i model parts like these or not.

do you want to make those parts?
If it were me, I wouldn’t do it for an animation, but maybe for some still shots.

looking good. model anything you can in my op. keep up the good work. im excited.

okay, i would just make placeholders there for the mid between doors, but it will look good.
and another update

wire

seriously, i am frustrated of the seats,
a total of 5 attempts and
I STILL CAN’T GET THEM RIGHT,
it ain’t just any seat, if it were it would’ve been an easy job.
so what I’ve decided is i am pausing the interiors and will now finish the exteriors like headlights and logos and stuff,
and when it’s done, the tires and rims and brakes and underbody suspension and stuff,
and when that’s done, then i continue for the interiors. and you know what
it’s my summer holidays, so modelling will be finished in the first week of June and then the rest of the month it’s rendering.

happy birthday to me, happy birthday too me, happy birthday to dear dear me, happy birthday to me.
the base of the seats is done, whose wireframe does suck, so happy birthday to me.

update

wire (i know)

In my opinion you should try once again do all geometry.

i know, but this is the fifth attempt, and i dont think there’s anything wrong with geometry (maybe of the blueprint?) only the topology seems bad to me. but here’s also the good part why i didn’t focus on these, it is the base, the final product will hide this by layers and hockey pad like things, so it doesn’t even matter if they look right or wrong.

plz give me blend of seat. I wanna take a closer look at that. It doesn’t looks good. If these models are just base so how you wanna do final models?

i can’t give the blend i am sorry, and also there is no difference on the pic above and in the blend, take a look at this image

see that awesome thing , what i have modeled is that hidden part or the base, even if it seems of it won’t be a problem, the main thing is those hockey pads above it.

It doesn’t looks like much.

show 'em us

Are you done with the main body work ? if not i found a man on the net who has one of these and he posted
alot of good reference pics .if you want the link just say .
Cheers Ralph .
PS good work so far

i do think that the main body work is done, and i have all that google images has, but it blocks most of the good sites(flickr etc) so yeah i think it can be helpfull, please post it.

I think we build two diferent models ,but here are the refs i use for mine maybe
helpfull ? http://www.nikeride.com/lamborghini-aventador-roadster-leaked-by-epa/2012-lamborghini-aventador-lp700-4-first-drive-photo-73-3/