La Fracción del Averno

ok, that is we need, a good texturer :slight_smile: is good that you can make your own textures. When i have a model that i need texturing, i will send to you.
If you can’t upload the blend, send me with email, dopbox or pasteall.

Ok, actualiced team:
-General designer and modeler.
-Builds modeler.
-Texturicer.
-Character modeler.

Thanks for everyone!

Thanks!
here is the .blend for that scene: http://www.pasteall.org/blend/26188

P.S. I await a model to texture! :slight_smile:

For a Grammar Nazi, the actualized team would be this:
-General designer and modeler,
-Building modeler,
-Texturer (This is just a hard role to be grammatically correct with),
-Character modeler,

You were fine, but you had some c’s instead of z’s, and you had periods instead of commas.

Very nice model. I’m very surprised that you don’t need specular and normal maps for get a nice specularity and relief.
But it has a problem: when i start the game engine, the texture oh the house floor dissapears.

I will try to send you a building soon.

ya, It has something to do with only being able have one Vertex Color active at a time… Don’t know how to fix it.

Try to separate the rgb of the vertex colors, and assign a material to a color:

Instead of UV geometry and a texture, put Vertex color geometry.

Improved rigging and topology:

Thanks for the suggestion with seperating the RGBs, I think I will try that.

Improving texture and playing with ramps.

I try to achieve the cell-shading outline with ramps.

please check your email. I sent you a blend file.
Thanks

any models for me to texture?

Hey wabuilderman it’s a total scam. He is probably about 7 or 8 years old and realizes he bit off more then he can chew. This person does not act like an adult in anyway shape or form. His main character is make human no retopology, no nothing just absolutely kiddish.
No, I have been on over 100 projects that have never finished but after 20 or so projects that went belly up, you kind of take caution but still you are taking a chance. The only reason I got with this guy was because I was bored and went into this project knowing it wouldn’t ever finish either but I am more about being giving a task and learning how to complete the task then I am holding my breath waiting for it to finish. To me it’s not about finishing a project , because Those wishfull thoughts are long gone years ago. And if your into those dreams of being on a team that finishes, well then you are going to to be like our famouse Mr.Price that did a podcast as to why he doesn’t join teams.
No,no,no, Don’t think for a second,That I am not waiting to hear from him again either in podcast or tutorial because I am. It’s kinda like going to 31 flavors or an ice cream joint just to hear what price is going to say next. I just really like the guy.
But hey, according to statistics (in 3d projects) if you join a team for any other reason then just to learn or get better at blender then you are doing it for the wrong reason and you have a good 99% chance of being let down and disapointed.
But this guy (lfda) can’t answer an email,a pm, a post on his tread with any kind of words. No,man, this guy is a scam just waisting peoples time.
And belive me, my modeling was a million times better then his reference picture.
No, hey, if you want the blend file to texture for practice, pm me with an email address and I will send you the file but other then what I have, it’s just a make human figure or at least the head. The four foot gap between the croch/legs was probably modeled by a human being.
Just don’t give this project a second chance. And if your looking for a different variety of teams to join, check out polycount.com
But hey on the upside,whenever your in a interesting project,that won’t ever finish but has a goood team leader drop me a pm and if you want I will do the same for.
Just remember it’s all about learning. And who knows, ten years from now when we have worked on hundreds of team that never finished then maybe we will have the experiance to not only start and finished a project but also have alot of models that we don’t have to make because we already made them in previous projects.
Good Luck

Hey, hey, hey, keep calm.
I started this project as a hobby, not a serious work. I said that at the begginig.
I am studying, and I can’t dedicate all my time to my project. I would like to dedicate myself to this in the future, but now i’m learning how to the proffesionals studios work.
I must coordinate four persons in job. I upload update images as soon as I can for maintaing your interest, making concept arts… I haven’t enough time.
@Lalen, i saw your blend file, and it is very good. I had the intention of sending you more detailed concep art and a focused critic today.
¿Do you think that my work isn’t good enough? Ok, ¿why do you think that? I open to any critic.
Sorry if I don’t reply to you before, but I haven’t enough time.
If you want to leave the project, I understand it, but you must understand that this is a hobby, and i can’t dedicate all my time, and, if i reply three or four days later, don’t worry: I never leave this project, and i try to maintain a periodic contact with my colaborators.
But please, don’t be angry if I be late a bit.
I send you better concept art… if you want to continue in the project.

@wabuilder, sorry for not reply to you before, i was very busy and our building modeler hadn’t finished any model. But now, i already have one or two finished models to texture. Don’t worry, i send that models as soon as I can.

Thank for your time and understanding, and sorry for be late too much.

And remember: this is a hobby. I don’t pretend that you dedicate all your time.

@Wabuilderman:

This is a finished house model. It is a bit (or a little, I don’t remember) bad textured. Your first work is re-texturing the house (only the house, not the garden). Tips:
-The names are in spanish. If you have any proble, tell me for traduction.
-The house is divided in materials for a better workflow, but, at the end, bake the textures in one.
-You can use another textures than the blend file has.
-Please, improve the roof and the cornices. The textures are very bad.
-The house has a galician medieval style, so you can add mossy, dirty textures… the game environment is rainy and overgrown.
-I search for a non-realistic/ cell-shading style (you can see that in the character). Try to put ramps, play with shaders, or put a “cartoonizer” filter in textures with GIMP or Photoshop (I don’t know what you use). Tell me your opinions and experiments.

Sorry for the delay. You are my only helpers, and I appreciate very much your time and help.

dropbox isn’t working for me… can you email it to me?

Of course. I already send to you.

I couldn’t do much with it, Only thing I could do was turn on specularity… Looks like you don’t even really need me, Just remember to in your diffuse texture, to check all of the specularity things, then you should be fine.

P.S. the purpose of this was to post the file… and yet I forgot to do that… here it is:http://www.pasteall.org/blend/26463

I will still be here, but I think you are are pretty much ok on your own.

Don’t say that. I need all help possible :D.

Ok, forget the cartoonizer filter. It is a plugin, sorry.
I already tell you what i want: improve the roof and cornice texture. Don’t turn specularity in the diffuse texture, use a specular map instead.
If you look at the roof, you can see that the texture is very bad. This is because we use the insanebump plugin, and it tile the image automatically.
I advice you to use the insanebump, for create normal and specular maps. If you do, please, pay attention at the “tile” mark.
With the house, put an specular map in each material, delete the AO texture and put the normalmap in a better value.
And please, texture the windows.
Then bake all materials (except windows). Bake normals, textures and specular in one. At last, put mossy texture, bake AO…
And, Fine!

Don’t worry, i will send you more houses and buildings for texture.

Updates:

-Finished character: Jakmar

-First game area designed
-Combat sistem roadmap almost finished
-Our character modeler left the team :frowning: So, we have a vacancy. Interesteds?

And, a notification: this month I will be a bit busy, so is possible that I can’t work very much in the project. But I will be able to reply you.