King Vulture (Zopilote Rey)

(image for new texture head time lapse)

this image have a diffuse shader mix with glossy and three layer subsurface scattering shader.

(image for hair neck time lapse)

the head have a difuse shader, hair has the last shader setup.

(image for mask & refine time lapse)

this image have a emision shader, and mask textures have diferent colors.

(image for mask & refine time lapse)

this have the last shader on his last stage, but not have some mask for nose colors.

Attachments

Great work!

Just wonderful! :slight_smile:

Blender Matt
AndreD75
thank you very much to both, are very friendly, I really appreciate your support!

Amazing work man.
My deepest respect

Really interesting bird . I really like the overall of your work & materials ,it has hypnotic eyes lol !

Make the frame larger because does not fit in right. Make your signature be smaller and less so in your face, ruins the whole composition.

Excellent work! :open_mouth: It looks real… and I would have one! hahaha :smiley:

Wow, gorgeous work on texturing and feathers! My only critique is the extreme roundness of the eyes…but otherwise, you nailed it. =)

Hello José, I actual y see this image in blender nation, this is a beautiful work, My sugestion is try the next time to make a little more slow the speed of you timelapse, thanks for sharing your pipeline, I hope see more of your work.

wow, impressive work, love the details!!!

one little thing though, if I may, I find the eye looking to round, to perfect and volumeless. and because its high contrast, its a point of interest.

cheers

Pieriko: Thanks very much for the coment, I really apreciate your respect.

Blender Profiz:
yeah! this bird is really cool, his colors hypnotise me :).

Numeral7: I really apreciate your feedback Numeral7, I made the changes you suggest me, and help me a lot to improve, after I see the all the image a lot of times, I notice they are very unclean, now I have time I can fixe and add more samples because the first time blender crashed for memory but I can solved that, the unique bad is the render times over pass 15-19 hours.

Domenico: thanks very much Domenico. Personally I dont sure if this guys are domesticable xD.

Owldude: your critique is welcome friend, I add a little of imperfection to eye for quit the perfect roundess.

Greyscotes: you are right, I made very speed because I dont want made very long videos Im thinking made a content short but not dizzy :P, thanks for the kind words, I hope my next work could be good for too for you.

Moigradanu: Dont worry, I acept feedbacks, I made some changes on the eye for give a little of sensation of volume acord your feedback, thanks very much for the critique.

PD. Thanks for your support and sorry for delayed response.

Sorry José, after doing some research on this remarkable bird, i found out that actually your render is pretty accurate. this bird has this wierd eyes. i found one reference photo where with the help of a bit of grey around and a bit pointy eye shape might help to get a better result.

Moigradeanu: Don´t worry, I made the adjustments because the last fixing have some problems, but now I solved.

You can see on my videos I work a lot of reference, but your image is pretty good, It is very detailed, and of course help me a lot :slight_smile: thanks very much.

Your really doing a beautiful job on this Jose. I’m curious, are these type of Vultures like some other birds where the male is the colorful attractive one? Either way he or she is looking awesome.

Impresionante por donde se mire!!
Es un trabajo de una calidad extraordinaria, felicitaciones!

Impressive where you look !!
It is a work of extraordinary quality, congratulations!

OMG this is sick! The level of detail you put in is awesome. In the final render is see less of the detail is that correct? PS i liked one of the older images more where there was more Bokeh effect.

Like how you made all of those custom brushes, very clever!

THat you made all these time lapses is awesome, very well done. Wish i could do such things, im just learning box modeling etc… long way to go.

PS i noticed you doing the UV maps by eyeballing it? Didnt you use UV stretch to see for stretchy parts?

How do you make lines of the body and the head when you start to blockout the model. I thought first they where line drawings from the side and front, but noticed you rotated them in 3d as well

@harleynut97: Thanks very much again harley, mmm… about your question, this birds don’t courting with his colors because males and females don’t have sexual dimorphis, this guys are the type of birds that make a dance for courting :).

The bird on my image the espectator can chose if is he or she :p.

@leon3dbusta: Te agradezco, por esas palabras tan amables, tú trabajo es muy bueno también.

Thanks very much for the kind words, you work is pretty good too.

@rombout : Hi rombout thanks, I will response:

In the final render is see less of the detail is that correct?

the final render is the first image on this thread, you can compared his changes accord the feedback of the anothers users give me with the second image. For example the eyes have more volume comparet to the old (you can see the reflections more roundness for example); the caruncle (the nose) have more subsurface scattering, that way looks less plastic; the old image have more depth of field effect, I chose quite a little that effect because I want stand out more the details of neck :).

PS i liked one of the older images more where there was more Bokeh effect.

nice!, mmm… I think, I can adjust more the depth of field of background apart, but the depth of field of bird I want leave this, because the above reason :).

Like how you made all of those custom brushes, very clever!
THat you made all these time lapses is awesome, very well done. Wish i could do such things, im just learning box modeling etc… long way to go

Thanks very much, I give encouragement to you continue to improve;
the truth I’m making anothers time lapse, the unique problem is I some times I get stuck because I’m trying to understand better the shaders on cycles, some times I don´t feel satisfied with the results, and the preview renders are very longs, but I think made things more speed to made first for confront that problem.

PS i noticed you doing the UV maps by eyeballing it? Didnt you use UV stretch to see for stretchy parts?

thats right, it’s because is habit, almost always try to use all the space of textures, and the faces are almost the same size on each island.

How do you make lines of the body and the head when you start to blockout the model. I thought first they where line drawings from the side and front, but noticed you rotated them in 3d as well

I’m happy you notice that! The two first line drawings are vectors, you can made that on inkscape, or here with cuves. The last line drawing is a mesh withouth faces, is a edge reference, only vertex and edges that I fixed for has a idea about the form of this head :).

Thanks very much for comments, I hope my english could be understandable, and I could be solve your questions.

-José