Khalibloo - Sketchbook

Nice Work.

i’m back from hibernation :slight_smile:
these past few months i barely had any time for blender and what little time i had was spent on experiments or coding and rarely art. but all that’s over now and i’ll pick up where i left. meet my loyal never-complaining labrat, Dalia

the witchbike has served it’s purpose, but since i never got to finish it, i might resume work on it in the near future.

I like the concept of the witchbike. That’s as funny as refreshing.

oh i forgot to post these from when i was trying out lighting and material settings on particle hair…i found that the work it took to get decent-looking hair (in BI) wasn’t just worth it for the particular project.

in exchange for letting me play with her hair, i let Korra ride the witchbike

for some reason, she kept thinking the witchbike would have given them the upper hand in their battle with the equalists :smiley:

From Project Woof! Sadly, most of the work is in code and just raw planning :slight_smile:
As for the actual 3D work, I’ve only rendered these…

It’s difficult for me to think of a model in terms of the final render. So most of the models will probably never get a render… but if the project goes to completion, you’ll get to see the monsters in action, which is a lot more valuable than just a render.

Lol, I like the skeleton with the suzanne skull in your last renders. Kind of funny :slight_smile:

:smiley: thanks… but the idea isn’t all mine. It’s just a variant of the skelesnail monster in Secret of Evermore…

been a while… what are you up to now?

Yeah, it’s been a while, but I’m still working on the same things. My everlasting animation project and some smaller interim projects. Thanks for asking.

I visited your DA page. You have a nice collection there. Are you still searching for a unique style? How about your freestyle renders. Are you still doing them? Lots of questions :slight_smile:

well, since you asked… i’ve been trying out different styles of art. here’s one of my favorite styles so far (Peacock from Skullgirls)…

most of my experiments however never get to completion. Shortly after my witchbike, I started playing with game engines and I had to put my art on hold. After a really long time of doing almost nothing but coding, I decided I needed a break. That was when I played skullgirls for the first time.
The skullgirls art style really captured my interest. It looks simple, but it’s quite challenging on many levels. It forces me to use parts of blender that I never thought I’d ever use. I’m looking forward to modeling all the skull girls. The best way to learn is to get your hands dirty!

I love your freestyle woks khalibloo!
Specially Laila (v.1) shader. It has that fine cartoon look. Very well done!
I’m subscribing your sketchbook.

:smiley: Wow, thanks! Laila’s my favorite too. I intend to return to that toon look in v.3

In fact, I’m going freestyle on all (or almost all) my original artworks from now on.
I’ve found that my toon style doesn’t require any complex light setup or huge render times to look good. Who knew, that after all the countless hours I spent studying how to set up lights and all that stuff, I’d be returning to my good old toon look?

Here’s a render. Say hi to George too!

Just beautiful!
Love it!

Thanks again, Utopia…
And here’s Filia in 4 hours! I’m really on a roll! :smiley:

Really nice freestyle renders, you’re rolling really :smiley:

I watched a trailer for that game. Is the game as fast as the trailer? This trailer was so fast that I hadn’t a chance to do any comparison to your work. Where did you take your reference images from?

I was able to get some model sheets from wikia.skullgirls.com as well as from the skullgirls official tumblr page.
The game speed can be adjusted in the game settings (something like “frame delay”, I believe)

I never imagined that after Tekken, any fighting game could captivate me… the design of the characters is really impressive. And the gameplay too. Even though the characters are few, I never get tired of playing Skullgirls :slight_smile:

I think I’m gonna try Cerebella next

Edit:
but before then,

Cerebella’s finally ready (about 6.5 hours). Her textures were really time consuming.
Here’s a preview

Edit:

La la laaaa laaaaaa

Only those strong highlight seem out of place.
Other than that is awesome!

You should animate those characters!

I’m not one who really gets into this style too much, but I have to say, the characters you have made looks outstanding.