Kalin Parushev's Sketchbook

A small update on the head. Also, did step quickly in Cycles today. Need to watch some tutorials. I am clueless what is going on out there.

Hmm…the eyes do not appear in the render…hmm.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]289396[/ATTACH]

Attachments

not bad, now soften the glossiness a bit on the material, if the character is suppose to be fleshy.

So…I spent eight days for modeling. I just started to retopo the high-poly meshes.

At this point I consider everything finished modeling wise, decided not to spend any more time except on the head.

Instead I will focus on shaders, materials, Cycles etc.

I have been meaning to apply Ben Simonds method for creating cool looking skin for ages now. Although he posted his study a while ago, I look around and I have the feeling the same things can be applied today. Also, I have been drooling over a thread in the ‘Materials’ section concerning Cycles materials. Going to focus all my energy there for now.

BUT FIRST…to re-topologize.

Im gonna move that project in the WIP section. Don’t want to clutter the sketchbook with silly stuff.

I just found the very first thing I ever made in Blender. So appropriate, I might re-post this to remind myself where it all started. :smiley:

A test render in Cycles. So noisy…

Started working on the main character in my book. Still blocking some stuff. All is a WIP…

Latest developments…A WIP.

Edit: Played around with the OpenGl shaders.

A mutant-type character…A WIP.

Current progress on the grunt and the protagonist.

Outdated…

And the current state the three characters are in.

Some weapons…

The war-chief.

Update time!!!

Update Thaiiiimmmm!!!

Da mutant.

Great Sketchbook…Like your last 2 Posts very much. Your anatomy is getting better and better. You have grown a lot since your BG comp entry. Keep it up.