Just curious, why do you guys keep using Blender?

Ahh, you needed Moray, it made Povray useable. :slight_smile: (Still have it on disk someplace…sigh…nostalgia). :wink:

Actually I did find Moray, but that was also around the time I found Strata3D so I didn’t use it much, I only played around with Moray for a couple of months if I remember correctly.

For me it’s simple - it’s not because I use it for work every day (which I do) nor because it’s free. It’s because I feel like it’s my software, like I have a role in creating it and can be proud of it. In reality I don’t do much, just some simple addons and testing all the cool new Cycles features, but it’s that same feeling of being a part of a football team that keeps climbing the ladder. As Ton says, we’re like one big family.

If you were searching for a 3d software as a beginner, that is professional and works on Mac, Linux, or windows, what would you find as the best rated ? Blender of course. i needed one that worked on Linux, because I am an English speaking person living in Russia and had to delete the russion windows and use linux with the option of the English language. And yes I’m glad I have chosen Blender, as I know it is best available software and it being free is just an extra bonus. There’s a lot of garbage around that you do have to pay for.