Jaguar E-Type

Thanks for posting the wireframe I just can’t get my head around vents the edge loops ruin my lines, but I’ll keep trying after seeing this.

No Problem! Edge flow is tricky business and sometimes I’m getting a bit mad with it.

Back end about done.
Next some wheels!

This keeps getting better and better.

WOw sweet details on that tail! nice

Is the inner work of the lights real mesh or normal maps?

That tail view is superb.

Beautiful. I love the British racing green color. Always liked Jaguars.

Oh thank you everyone. It means so much!

It’s just normal map under the layer of clear/yellow mesh.

Here’s some rims! …although the center caps still missing.

Attachments

Wow …she’s really turning into a beauty Icon.

Trying to survive two weeks with my crappy old laptop. :smiley:
Behold! Seat and a steering wheel!

Beautiful work man! E type is definitely one of the most beautiful cars ever made. it looks stunning :smiley:

Thanks! It indeed is.
Also made the caps for tires and some brake discs and calipers.

This is defo going to be top row material when it’s finished. The chrome on those wheels is amazing.

Nice work! You’re going to model the engine with excruciating detail, right? :slight_smile:

The only things that are really sticking out to me are the car paint and the studio setup. I’m not quite sure what’s wrong, but it just seems a bit off. Might be the array of planes. I’m guessing that this isn’t really your focus right now though.

Yeah the paint shader (or the lighting setup) is not my primary concern right now. I’ll tweak materials as I got the modeling finished.
And we’ll see about the engine! :smiley:

Some textures and materials for the seats and steering wheel!

Oh and the tire. Some nice details right there!
Thinking about to add some grunge to it as it now looks a bit too clean…and cgi.

Attachments

Oh my. The model is almost completed.

And it’s beautiful.

Damn, that’s pretty. Love the detail on the wheels…
Are you going to make a scene for this or keep it in a studio?

looking great! your modelling is very neat, and textures look good too.

I do not understand this mesh. Following the lead of Catmull and Clark I switched from NURBS to subdivision to avoid unnecessary vertices. I still have to see an artifact due to C² at non-regular edges, though I try to push them into flat areas. A car is not a head. Especially this race car was designed with stream lines in mind. I cannot believe that one needs more continuity for fluid dynamics, after all fluid adapts to all shapes. Otherwise more people would use T-Splines. I still wish, boolean and bevel would work better in blender and in 3d printers and Catmull-Clark would be accepted as what it is, a precise mathematical description of the surface, which is unsuited for circles and has these strange crease (why not NUR like in NURBS?). Fluids don’t care for circles. Bubbles do and bearings and the moon, and lenses.