It's just a meteorite...

Really nice work! The materials are great the model is accurate and all around this is pretty solid. Is it rigged? And if not have you considered rigging it?

Thank you. No, the droid is not rigged but it shouldn’t be a huge deal since it’s a robot. Also, the droid doesn’t move a lot if you take a look at its scenes in the film.

Could you make the holes wth floating normal maps? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P56v4CBNE7M

I’m not really familiar with blender’s baking options (neither with those shown in the video) but it should be possible. Correct me if I’m wrong though…

I feel you man, these amount of holes are not possible with most of the stupid idea posted above, yeah you can make hole with loop tools, deleted faces and supported edges, but guess what, not everything is a sphere with perfectly square quad geometry, and when you forcefully try that, it becomes a destructive workflow, you smooth flow of curved shape gets messed up really bad. It is possible if it is there from high poly sculpt i.e from Zbrush. The best thing you can do on this right now is just add holes in normal map and ambient occlusion map. It will definitely look better than this extruded circles.
It is very amazing render and modelling nontheless.

Oh golly… :slight_smile: