Is there a way to erase extra water in liquid sim?

Alright, I am baking right now. I will get back to you with the result. I have a busy week though, so if you don’t hear from me it isn’t because I have given up. Hope your trip went well anyways. Thanks again.

This is the bake (after some editing).

http://i37.tinypic.com/ff2uqw.png

looks pretty good. The lines in the glass bother me a little and the way the flowing liquid looks like it has some little squares in it is bothersome. But I think a subsurface modifier will fix the latter of those problems.

The lines in the glass have been there the whole time, and are created by what I assume to be the wireframe of the glass itself when light is refracted through it. I have the subsurf modifier cranked all the way up, but it doesn’t look all that different when it’s rendered with low or high subsurf.

Anyways, my next objective is putting a fancy window or something and a nice wooden table. Wish me luck!

Thanks again for all the help. :smiley:

This may be a dumb question, but do you have smooth shading on? You didn’t in the demo files (I assumed for simplicity’s sake) and that shot looks like you forgot to turn it back on. You shouldn’t need subsurf above 2 or 3 on that, and your geometry is fine. There’s no reason there for that effect.

Edit: Oh yeah, and also good luck!

Edit edit: Yeah, I just ran two test renders and I can almost guarantee you forgot the smooth shading button. Also don’t forget to put a subsurf on the collision proxies. Put it above the fluid in the modifier stack and bake it again.

Got it! And nope! I have never used smooth shading before haha. My noob is showing. Anyways, thanks for all the help. I have a believable wine scene close at hand.