Inscape 0.48.5 released

Sorry for my confusing post – the missing features I was talking about were for Illustrator (surprising isn’t it?). When I said “c’mon dev team” I was offering encouragement to the Inkscape team. :slight_smile:

I have nothing but positive things to say about Inkscape and I hope they continue to improve it.

I fully agree with this.

For those who take pride in the volunteer-based nature of FOSS, the truth of the matter is that having at least a small team of hired developers is a prerequisite for attaining any kind of a rapid development rate for a given application (nonetheless developing it to the point where it’s on par with commercial solutions).

To achieve that, the Inkscape project can take a few pointers from Blender on how to set up a commercial component along with other means to attain reliable funding (development fund subscriptions, products like art books and tutorial series, maybe even cloud subscriptions for things like the ability to use a super high-end machine over the net for very complex projects ect…). A simple and humble ‘donate’ button simply isn’t enough.

I’m not sure what lagged them so bad this dev cycle. They used to have several releases per year - but it’s been 0.48.x for a super long time.

OSX exists
Sorry.
Good luck

???
the latest version is available for osx… are you complaining because it needs xquartz?

I don’t get it?

http://inkscape.org/en/download/

No complains Michael.
I tried inkscape long time now (on a mac X11)
Just tried it because X11 isn’t the best.

I would probably throw $50 into a kickstarter for inkscape, I’ve certainly got that much value from it so far.