Important tech advancement

Actually, I don’t even remember all of the predictions made by scientists that should’ve come to pass by now, but didn’t.

One of the most ominous was made in the last decade where half the world’s population was projected to perish by 2012, the human population is higher than ever.

The temperature data right now is actually tracking closest to the scenario where significant carbon reductions are made, but CO2 is still rising and you have plants and trees growing in areas where they couldn’t before due to CO2 inducing higher water efficiency, higher heat tolerance, and higher required temperatures for peak photosynthesis.

Personally, I think the climate change crowd is showing a major weakness because they see name calling and threats of incarceration an acceptable part of discussion (though some of the skeptics are into the name calling as well unfortunately). This doesn’t mean that renewable energy sources should not be used though (the coal and oil will run out eventually even though we still have plenty of time to find alternatives).

Mind you we actually had a couple of very hot summers in 2011 and 2012, but we tend to see them every 20 or 30 years and the last streak was 30 years ago (so we were due).

To clear some things before I give my answer. Below my avatar, you saw my current ‘location’, which I reside- Suhl, Germany. However, the interesting part is that I am currently just working in Germany, I am born and raised in Varna, Bulgaria. But allow me to give my ‘uneducated’ reply, anyways.

In general, Germany is a very social nation. Great healthcare, good social politics, good tools to handle unemployment. Everything comes at a price, like any place on earth. If we are to talk about existential things like running water, electricity, heating, one could say that they are expensive, but reasonable, placed next to your monthly income and the average salary people earn here.

And…if I have to compare it to Bulgaria, Germany is probably a form of Utopia when you start to compare food, gas, electric, water and etc. prices. Compared to what a person in Bulgaria earns and how much he needs to leave aside to meet his annual payments, demanded by the government and private companies that give services(electricity, gas, etc.), Germany is light years ahead in social and humanistic point of view. My personal opinion, that is perhaps slightly exaggerated by the fact that I am terrified by the idiocy and daringness of the Bulgarian Government.

If we…If I place the cultural, religious, patriotic and selfish factors aside, I would honesty say that Germany is one of the best placed I have lived (and I have had the chance to live in London, GB, as well as visit at least a dozen other nations, while completing a ‘working trip’ around the globe).

That said, different people have been/are exposed to different standards of life. People that have the power and resources to chose where they want to live. I am just stating my personal views on the matter, from the area with the cleanest air in Europe.

Edit:

My post sounded a bit like a commercial for Germany. lol

if global warming is real why do “scientists” keep faking data to support their causes?(hide the decline)

or

Can we just talk about the data and not about the politics, I read a blog called Watts up With That a lot, but it’s gone downhill since they started being less about the science and the data and instead more about the politics and trading mud with the other side (though genuine science and data articles are still posted).

In a way, both sides no longer have any clear moral advantage compared to the other, and it seems evident in this thread as well.

you can talk about global warming without talking about politics because, “global warming” is political not scientific,
government takeover of energy and control over you.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/04/04/gallup-global-warming-ranks-at-bottom-of-environmental-issues-for-america

read that… its a shame that people are buying into the fear and smear of AGW.

Yes you can, convince people who believe it by showing them the comparison of the raw data and what is known vs. the predictions and the alleged conclusions.

You can also highlight the fact that we’re still finding pieces to the climate puzzle, if we know the one thing that drives climate then why are we bothering to find other variables?

I’m starting to think that you see the rule on no politics as just a suggestion.

Going back to tech, it looks like the Tatooine moisture farms from Star Wars is making the jump to science fact.

They’re not made of metal, but you can see the almost uncanny similarities.
http://assets.inhabitat.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2014/04/warka-towers-lead-537x417.jpg

Climate change is a consensus. It’s based upon more data than a human can comprehend. It has nothing to do with any one single data point. The past predictions have nothing to do with the empirical data. The current predictions cannot change the fact that the current data is based on physical evidence and math.

All of the arguments that have been made against it in this thread came from the political arena, not the scientific community. There is a consensus in the scientific community that there is a warming trend in our climate.

It’s not about average temps. The Younger Dryas is thought to have been caused by dust in the atmosphere. The smog we create has that same effect across the bulk of the populated areas. Where the effects are more prominent are in the remote areas.

There has been predictions about climate change in both of the extremes for over 100 years. I still don’t buy them but I won’t argue with physical evidence that shows significant changes.

I would happily debunk both the climate hysteria and climate denial however I would have to do it in another forum because the political arena created them both.

The sci-fi author David Brin shared a bit of wisdom in a recent blog. I don’t know if it’s a term he coined or if he got it from someone else, (I’ve never been accused of being hip or up with the times) but it makes sense. TWODA <---- Things We Oughta’ Do Anyway.

Our current economic system is entirely indifferent to the ecology. The individuals are encouraged to behave as closed systems. This is an unsustainable system that is doomed to eventually fail. “We’ll deal with it when we come to it” can work almost all of the time with an advancing entity but in a Bayesian sense it can’t work every time.

We have forgotten who we are. We have become pathologically competitive control freaks who insist on forcing everything. There is no evidence that we will ever out grow our environment. We are still constrained to the natural laws, building systems that reflect that and, stopping the mass extinction that we are definitely responsible for and exasperating (maybe even at our own expense) are TWODA. :yes:

“Climate change is a consensus” thats a lie,
if it was a consensus we wouldn’t be debating it now would we?

trying to tax people for breathing is the oldest trick in the book.

The political arena created and is prolonging the debate. Physical evidence is what it is.

physical evidence says that the planet has been cooling for the past 15years.

97% is another misleading lie

Says who some congressman or pundit or lobbyist? The scientists aren’t saying it and that’s who I’m listening to.

You do realize that politicians and the media are known for lying don’t you?

so are people that are paid to advance AGW, who profits off global warming?
General Electric etc. (donates to democrats) follow the money.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2013/02/13/peer-reviewed-survey-finds-majority-of-scientists-skeptical-of-global-warming-crisis/

blast from the past

basically the way i feel, if you want to live a 200 square foot pile of crap go ahead,
but dont force me to do it, and also control whay i eat and my method of transportation…
of you want to believe in fairy tails go ahead just leave the rest of us alone.
government needs to leave us alone.

Sorry, BPR, bio-diesel isn’t going to fuel a future of personal automobiles.

Why not?

Waste water treament using algae is viable,
Produces -> algae and water
Algae drier -> dry algae and distilled water
Dry algae into Solar gasifier -> thermolysis H , H and 0

A - gernerator/fuell cell -> power
B -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fischer–Tropsch_process -> diesal

So

water + Poo+sunshine = algae and water
Algae + sunshine = dry algae and distilled water
Dry algae + sunshine = H, H , O