Importals adventures wip (2017)

Is this project still on?

Yep i paused it because iam Currently working on SpeedRacer A Whole New World 2
Which is no sweat man i’ll be back to it as soon as possible.

Fred/K.S

So This was Last years Screen Shots !!!

Fred/K.S

Attachments

Here are the Latest screens straight from the Blender Game Engine:

Fred/K.S

Blender Game Engine Captured Footage: (Screenshot’s)

Fred/K.S

what kind of computer do you have? my old core2 never goes above 30 raster at 60fps on my project.

lights will drain your performance faster then anything, 10 is optimal max. since instancing or lod cant be used on lights, this is a real PITA.

nice world though!

Hey thanks Daedalus_MDW i use a Notebook it’s called an HP Pavilion 15 ,intel Core i3 , 8GB Ram and 1tb HDD ,1 GB VRAM…

Look i know that my specs are really Low but when i make my games i really work hard on the Graphics side of things so that i can bring about the best of the blender game engine. So far all my Games don’t lag at all they are very very well optimized even Speed Racer A Whole New World 2. What kills me is Coding (Python) and Making Game Assets those are the things that take up much of my time when making Games. Thanks for the support iam working as fast as i can so that players can start playing as early as possible.

Right now for importals Adventures iam working on the characters that will Roam this world and also intractable objects & assets.
This Game as we speak runs well on my PC but iam always working on optimization so that it can run on the Low-End’s without any Performance & frame rate Drops.(iam working along these minimum requirements for Low-End PC’s 2GBRAM ,1 GBVRAM ,Compatible Sound Card and 1080p Display Lowest can be 720p well at this point it’s basically an assumption.)

what kind of computer do you have? my old core2 never goes above 30 raster at 60fps on my project.

lights will drain your performance faster then anything, 10 is optimal max. since instancing or lod cant be used on lights, this is a real PITA.

nice world though!
Buy the way on my PC ,i Can run 6 - 7 Lamps or Light Sources in the Game without any performance drops (i watched the lod on lights tutorial but it not that bad if you actually apply those methods ,Iam also working on the EDGE so iam using lots and lots of logic-bricks and game properties and quite a few scripts to keep me going.

!!! Thank you so much for your support i truly appreciate it. !!!

Fred/K.S

Look really nice. The breaks in the sky texture are kind of distracting, though. I can’t tell if the sky moves, but you could make the clouds on a separate skydome so they can move independently in front of a blue sky gradient. It could give a nice ocean breeze effect and make the sky seamless with a smaller image size.

Thanks APilch i truly appreciate your suggestion ,The sky texture is actually static there are no cloud movements at all but i’ll have a look into it and then maybe i can add new clouds that can actually match the sky properly. I plan on making in game cutscenes as the Games story will progress so i will design plenty of sky domes to match certain cutscenes and also improve the Effects while in gameplay ,iam also going to make use of a mist to sort of blend the ocean background.

If anyone has a suggestion please support this thread iam noting down so that i can improve my games.

Thanks for the support !!!

Fred/K.S

Hello everyone im also working on this new warship design iam still going to polish it !!!

Fred/K.S

Really cool. The textures are a bit flat but the map is extensive which makes up for it.

Yeah well true ive realized just how much time i was wasting on this project, The things i did i could have done them even much better than the way i was doing it speed racer a whole new world 2 has showed me more techniques that i can use to do things better in this project. When i will resume this project i will go all guns blazing (i will finnish it and it will be another good blender game of mines)

Fred/K.S

That water and sky look amazing!

Yep thats just a taste of whats comming later this year im remastering this Game. The chars also look awesome but im not going to show anything just as yet !!!

Stay tuned for more !!!

Fred/K.S