Ice Gate Castle

Amazing image! The blending of 3d and background is perfect.

Thanks everyone for the overwhelming words! It’s always great to get such a feedback!

@Remade and lhumungus: I agree with you that the figure is probably too big. In general I wanted both the figure and the castle to be in focus, but maybe a bit of camera focus play or fog could, as you noticed, help fix the distance problem. Thanks for the constructive criticism! :slight_smile:

Great image!!

That is awesome! Great work!

I love what you did! This is so much like the fantasy book covers I’ve seen at used book stores. Your application of the ANT landscape is incredibly good and the image, in my opinion sells itself really well already. On close examination, I’d have pushed you to pronounce some normal mapping or bumping on that cape - the rocks have a gritty, sharpened look that the cape lacks.

I’m very excited to try to recreate this on my own and to see what you come up with next! 5*

Beautiful work…!

this is awesomely super successionally realistic bro.:yes:

wonderful use of ant & varkenvarken’s pligin, great to see these tools in such good hands.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words! :slight_smile:

@HelloHiHola: Actually there is some normal mapping on the cloak, but for sure I did not spent too much time on it. Is just a quick cloth sim and a simple material :slight_smile: Next time I’ll try to do a more detailed character :smiley:

3 days only? fabulous job!

This is really impressive. This kind of quality is cinema level. I didn´t know it was possible to do that with blender. Great work.

this is amazing!!

This looks awesome, but like I said in you focused critique thread, the transition between the rock and the snow looks off.

I could easily image something like this in The Lord of the Rings.

This is really cool dude :smiley:

thanks guys! It is so nice to get so many positive comments! :slight_smile:

About the snow material, in the transition I tried to add a bit of bump to the snow material, so that it could look like the snow parts comes up a bit compared to the rocks parts. But I did not get the desired result there. Something to study better for the next time! :slight_smile:

Please don’t use focus for depth, as a real lens would not have shallow depth in daylight on a reasonably wide angle. If it needs more scale then use aerial perspective more. However in these conditions I’m not sure if there would be vapor in the air or dust.

I think that your render looks lovely, the post pro with the clouds is quite seamless. 2 thumbs up.

Wow! This is amazing! The color scheme, detail and everything in between is very well done.

Thanks guys!

@3pointEdit: the dof here is practically non-existent. I indeed played only with the aerial perspective, but I am afraid there is something slightly off in proportions. Is not that bad I think, but a bit I can feel it! :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your comments!

Awesome image! I really wish that was real, then I would live there :stuck_out_tongue:

It is a lovey image, and I am reluctant to say anything other than repeat how good it is, but to my eye the guy can walk from where he is to that cave city just following a clearly visible path which doesn’t look very far. The city can’t be blurred by distance because there is no distance. I think that you can track your eye from the man to the city and see all the ground in between without any change in scale. To fake distance there needs to be a visual break between the surface he is standing on and the distant object or there needs to be a mass of objects in between - each smaller and smaller and bluer and bluer.

Nevertheless I love it. If you would give me a copy and permission I would like to use it in a music video.