I made some HDRI's for you all.

Very generous, thank you for sharing.

Thanks, I really like the first one and since you take orders maybe more of those :slight_smile:
urban settings with really bright reflected architecture, I just think the reflections becomes so awesome.

A very generous gesture representing a great deal of effort, and all the more so and very much appreciated since they are very good quality.

another big thank you!!
am sure I’ll find a use for these

Thank you very much!

One subject that I have found hard to find (that would be very useful) is interiors of normal houses.

Amazing!! Thank you!!

And another. I was going to animate this but the render time was pretty long. Does the size of the HDR image affect render times?

Steve S

Tested on a 960x540 and a 8192x4196 image… both rendertimes were the same… only difference was the image load time (which doesnt matter for animations due to the ‘persistant images’ option which is available) and the MIS calculation time (which is pretty fast anyway)

Thank you very much!

You are so awesome. I’d love a “rainy back alley” type of HDRI, that’d make my day so much. I know these are fairly easy to make but a lot of us don’t have the equipment the pros have. Wonderful locations so far. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for sharing this stuff.

Thx ! Man.

Thanks man!

This looks great.
How on earth did you do this?

Wow, they are so great.Look at the rc helicopter.

I just built a mockup of the railing and stairs, and used it as a Mask Layer. Since it’s just a still image I could have just masked off the railing in PhotoShop and Copy/Pasted it over the image. But I was planning to animate the camera, so I rebuilt the railing.
I also used Camera Mapping to project the background image onto the walls and floors. I originally wanted Suzanne to have a reflective surface and wanted the walls to accurately reflect in her. But since I used a diffuse shader, this really wasn’t necessary.

Steve S

They are awesome, thank you!

Thanks for the reply Steve S! Ill have to try this.

Thanks for sharing these HDR images. Very kind of you!