I love the program, but the community

My opinion on the community is not new, Make no mistake about that. And I do think its the community, fanboys and trolls that hinders blenders acceptance into the professional workflow (and additional funding) more then the product itself.

And I say this as a retired electrical engineer (a professional) If I had to hire someone to do a job, a job that would keep my house and car payments paid. And I had a list of candidates to pick from, And I knew one of them was a member of this community, I would not feel comfortable in trusting them to keep me in my house. with out some form of verifiable assurance that I did not have some sociopathic twit on my hands who would reek havoc on my agency. Right wrong or immoral, Those are the decisions hiring officials have to make. And mistakes in that in any field can and will impact lives.

Do I love the program, yes. But this community has some significant issues. Go interview ten professionals and ask them about the software and then about the community. And see what gives the more defensive response. If you need to find professionals go look on linked in,

Joe, I seriously doubt anyone thinking about integrating Blender into their workflow gives two shits about the community. The thing that hinders Blenders acceptance is that those folks already have a workflow that does the job. People will add Blender to their workflow if it offers something their current software does not (for a time, Blender’s UV unwrapping was cutting edge, and a lot of Maya shops had a little Blender on the side to speed up their workflow, but Maya soon caught up) or if they are starting from scratch and in a location where portability is not an issue, but start up funds are.

Let me put on my troll hat for a second… You know, Joe, there’s a reason for the caricature of an old man, standing on his porch, waving his fist at the sky and yelling, “GET OFF MY LAWN!”

Have I said enough, or do I need to spell it out for you?

Cheers,
Orinoco

Thank you for making my point, And you could not of done a better job of spelling it out for me. Although I do like the implied crack at my age, Come out and visit sometime so we can discuss that in person.

" Come out and visit sometime so we can discuss that in person. " and it’s out of the park. there is no place for such open hostility here. mods please lock this thread.

My thoughts exactly.

The youtube comments section would be a much better place for him, plus he could set up all the bait he wants there.

As you are a member of this forum are you not tarring yourself with the same brush

I suppose the hot summer weather brings out the miserable old bugger syndrome in us all.

CLOSED