I cant make dvds

… among others. Its not something most people pay attention to these days as so much is streamed content rather than physical media.

Not 840, 480.
I use 720 X 480. You can use other sizes (resolution). But they have to be a DVD format/compatable.

A good blueray player will upconvert the 720 x 480 to make it look like HD, without stretching the video.
Also should play both PAL and NTSC. My LG blueray player does. :slight_smile:

Most of the free DVD authors will do 720 X 480, or PAL (Whatev size that is) MP2, or AC3 audio.
Muxman, and iDVD will do PCM (wave) audio. But many free authors won’t do PCM.
I use the really old version of DVDauthorGui 1.015b, because much like old things, it works better. :wink:

I don’t know where you got your video from, but I would record from the camcorder, VCR, whatever, directly to a standalone DVD burner. Then edit the DVD the way I described above. Or convert the video to mpeg2, ac3 or mp2 with a good video converter. The one I use isn’t free, (WinX HD) I got it free from a bleeping computer.com link to freegivawayoftheday 10 years ago, along with the key. So I know it was virus free.

For any video conversions, I use XMediaRecode

One more small question. I have my video converted and most burners like it but they do not like the audio. I have my MPg2 and I do not know what audio. I select the video and check properties and it shows only bit rate,channels and sample rate.
Question. Am I really going to have to separate out the audio to change it to mp2?
I’m trying to find the best workflow with few steps. I like Devinici Resolve and do not want to change from it.