How to ask questions effectively on blenderartists.org support forum

bump for new eyes to see

I wonder why no moderator has set this thread to sticky :spin:

actually, it would be better to change the ‘10 posts limitation’ of new users to ‘have to read this thread 10 times’ :slight_smile:

Hear, hear!
(badly timed bump)

One could argue that the gist of these recommendations (do your homework, be polite/reasonable, get to the point asap, actively invite people to help you, …) can be applied to almost all forums, BA or otherwise. So probably the moderators don’t sticky this because they would have to sticky it on every forum – all over the entire internet!

Surely, that must be the reason… :slight_smile:

Thanks Secrop and guy lateur.

It was offered for educating new users but that didn’t go anywhere. The FAQ still contains false information and still hasn’t been fixed, so it’s no surprise either. Besides, looking at the posts on support forum and critique, the tutorial should start with “if you don’t want answers, don’t ask”.

With or without proper communication, not reading and posting on the (support) forum saves a lot of time. Blender is freely available for everyone so new users come through the door constantly and there is quite a lot of noise on there. Obvious reaction to noise is to put fingers in ears to protect them and walk to a safe distance.

Thanks for your tutorial. With one exception, the text in the example screenshots you include is too small for me to read. Is there a way of magnifying the images, or are they available elsewhere in a larger size.

ctrl+ and ctrl- to zoom in and out on Windows. If you’re on Mac it’s probably something like “fn+G+alt+command+Z” though… Just Google it in that case.

The uploads are pretty low res, so it will be big but blurry.

Please can you go over the tutorial again? I have been looking for the new thread since and I can’t find it anywhere on my browser page. The blender artist webpage picture you displayed also doesn’t look exactly like the page I’m seeing. Sorry I’m new.

Nope. It’s not a general forum usage tutorial, the forum tools haven’t changed from what I can see, and if there is a problem with your browser or the forum for you, that is not within the scope of the tutorial.

There has been spam attacks lately and the issue might be related to those since you’re new. New threads are created in a correct subforum, could try posting about the issues on
https://blenderartists.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?21-Blender-Artists-Website-Support

Also “it doesn’t look exactly what i’m seeing” is nearly 0 information. Instead of just writing that, show an image how exactly it differs, which gives context for what you’re saying, and with a bit of thought it also includes information like what browser you’re using without you saying anything.

1 Like

Okies I will go with the .blend files thanks! :wink:

I will add you as a friend just in case if another question comes up! Thanks! :smiley: