How do i remove this weirdness?

things will even out somewhat when you retopo, due to there being less faces.

How is it that everyone talks about hands and feet being hard to model? to be honest i find the head to be the most obnoxious part of them all. I guess i am not good with round things, but the head is… I dont know, it seems that what ever i try to do it always end up wrong.

that’s probably because our eyes are so critical when looking at faces, which we are programmed to recognize on a different level than other things. but if you have trouble, just use a reference pic as a background image.

I do use reference image as background, but its the way that the head is built from scratch, where you build the frame first then fill afterwards… i seem to get a totally different form then what i imagine in my head and instead of looking like a human head, it look like an alien or something… + the neck always gets too big, or something get too round or some… yeah you probably know what i mean :stuck_out_tongue:

well, that happens. one way to deal with it without backtracking too much is to construct a mesh cage around your object, then use that as a control cage, by means of the ‘mesh deform’ modifier, to tweak it into a proper shape. similar to using a lattice, but with more control
(edit) note that if your object is quite high poly, this might make your scene pretty sluggish, and take a minute to bind to your mesh as well.

I have stombled upon a new issue, when it comes to pivot point.

As you can see when i try to fill it fills to the other side of the model for some weird reason… I think its because of the pivot point, but i am not quite sure… I have tried to change the location but that changed the entire model, but i am not sure. :slight_smile: Sorry to shower you with questions btw! really appreciate all the help so far! Learning A LOT

I’m not sure what is going on there, but you are doing things the old way, which is good to do for practice, but for making heads, sculpt + retopo is much easier, imo.

Yeah i have no idea whats going on either o_o Its not like i have touched anything or done anything special as far as i am aware, sculpt? from what? :stuck_out_tongue: Dont you need a base form to sculpt from?

yes you need a base form, but that could be something as simple as a cube with a multi-res modifier.
(edit) I usually start with something like this, with a subsurface modifier, then I apply the modifier and use dynatopo.

Wow this is really amazing! Thanks Really cool tutorials, will give them a go once i am finished with this model… I started the hard way gonna finish the hard way… Its just experience in my book : )

learning it the way you are doing it is a vital skill, imo. it’s not practical to rely on sculpting / retopo for everything.