Have you ever been trolled for liking and recommending blender?

the way I read it is that the OP on FB is a fanboy, did not like people making civilized alternatives to his ideas and then eventually threw his toys out the cot when he did not get his own way.

The only thing one can critizi about Blender is the chaos in the UI.

It has fluids cloth decent particles and such but the workflow is in some areas annoying to say it politely.

However besides that you can do some serious work with it and in some areas I think
it also beats apps like Modo many folds.

So most times when I hear people say no body uses Blender, Blender cannot do anything, or this is not a standard
I just dont respond anymore and keep my thoughts for myself.

I am in teaching and research - learning and comparing is my nature.
And I found throughout the years the majority of pros do actually in deed have a tunnel view and claim that
that what is true for them in their work field is valid for everbody else.

I think it is not arrogance but rather they just dont know better.

Yes, I have been. However, not as often as I’ve been trolled here for suggesting Blender could use improvement in certain areas.

It happens but not as often as fanboys of either end of the spectrum would like to accuse the other side of.

I only got trolled here by one person some long time ago because my suggestions did not fit his view.

Otherwise I found this forum actually be quite open to suggestions. I am surprised to read that your experience is different.

I agree. I’ve always found BlenderArtists to be a friendly site filled with (other) knowledgeable people. Unlike other sites which I have eventually abandoned, the atmosphere here is not hostile.

I’ve also found Blender, itself, to be a fantastic tool. You can easily see the positive (and sometimes, negative) effects of “cooperative, open-source, software development.” It is a force to be reckoned with.

some people have heated debates thats true - you can see that here often - I was more referring somebody trolling you.

I don’t believe that everyone in this thread is operating with the same definition of “trolling”.

Have I ever been trolled as a Blender user? Not that I know of (proper trolling kind of requires you to respond… if you don’t reply, it’s - at best - an ineffectual troll). I’ve been flamed before, however. It’s been a long time since that’s happened, though.

Heh, when I mentioned I used Blender at my job, I got snickers from the fresh graduates who probably got taught the old reputation Blender had until a few years ago. They don’t know what’s best for them…

Yeah there are many “I know it better” people. In some areas Blender is pretty bad, thats true, so does every app have bad sides.

Heated debates are fine. I’ve been trolled by those that wish to take it further than that. They go in the ignore list.

What some teachers do is they repeat what they hear and often these are the teachers who got stuck teaching computer graphics. I had a 4 hour long talk with a teacher from a highschool in my state on the whole blender and animation deal.

Moral of the story for him though was to go to source material when it came time to teach and not listen to the people in irc.