Halo: Void

wow, carlo897, that script is AWESOME!!!

Sure, we shall take “irreverent chat” elsewhere. :slight_smile:

I like how you say this is going to be your gaming project when 50% of the stuff you have so far isn’t yours

Dude, when you put up your game to the community, expect to get harsh critique! Now, no one has been mean to you yet. My saying is:
How will you take on criticism, if you can’t take any advice? We’re here to help, and all would be proud of successful games from our artists! I strongly encourage you to proceed whatever path you chose, just don’t give up!
But the wise way of proceeding is going small, by small step. Literally means, make a small level where you do all the basic things a Halo like game does, from that template, you can then progress. Check out the progress others have made, namely, Haidme, excalaber, solarlune, team panthera, etc. Make a proper plan for your game, how it works and why. Study your story, why is it entertaining? Stuff like that. Then, be mature about your work, don’t take the comments personnaly, they are addressed at “your” work, not you, and be ready to deal with flaming, raining, and all sort of storm from users, this is a forum, it’s like a jungle where all wear a mask and can do mostly anything!
I wish you endurance!

Good speech! I agree in full! :yes:

i agree with the speech as well, you should be a politition

The following comment is not supposed to be disrespectful in any way, I always try and help people on this forum, which is why my friendly advise is to abandon this project, Halo is a trademarked product, if you release this game there are going to be copyright issues. Also, Bungee gets hundreds of opportunities like this everyday, most of the time from actual game developers, people who went to school for this type of things or who get paid professionally, I’m not implying that you aren’t good at blender, I’m just saying some pros have offered similar services to Bungee and get rejected. However if you choose to continue with this project, here are some resources.
FPS Tutorial: http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?302125-Making-a-First-Person-Shooter-from-start-to-finish
Halo weapons: http://www.blendswap.com/user/BlenderCreator13579

Depending on the rights he is protected under a personal use, but in general if he makes a “parody” of it he is fine, so if the rights do not allow copying content, just throw in models from another game, or just don’t make it based off of the story line, I believe you can make the models because they aren’t copyrighted, otherwise who ever made the Spartan II model for StarCraft 2 would be facing fines etc.

Yeah that is true, but if he can make a game that is functional and done pretty quickly, is stable etc. they will buy a company/game rights if the game does well, especially if it is done by a few people (less people they have to pay)