Green Goblin

Hey guys ! I went over to focused critiques and this is what I have come up with so far. They gave me some good insight and it has helped me go further with my vision of the character. Let me know what you think and as ever any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am aware that I need to sort out the texturing on the some of the fabric and that is my next step with this !

For some reason I can’t seem to get rid of the stretching around the neck of the fabric. I have used a solidify modifier on it. I used a plane to create it, would it be better to use a different modifier or start from scratch using a cube ? If anyone can clue me in that would be greatly appreciated !

Danny, kudos for choosing style over realism. The latter is a game of leap-frog that nobody can ever win, but the former is a personal vision that only you can produce. That said, my one piece of constructive criticism is to make the lip texture (always a challenge) a little more irregular. Next to the irregular, craggy face it looks a little too geometrically perfect.

Thank you TheBragi ! I will always prefer style over realism. It allows me to really let my creative side flow. I find it much more enjoyable when I am able to go a bit over the top with what I am visualising then tear my hair out going for realism! I do however get a tiny bit frustrated that buildings and cars seem to get most of the insight from some of the more experienced artists on this site. I have only been using Blender for a short while, so the more input I can get the better !

By the way I am currently rendering out a version where the lips are much more in tone with the rest of the skin :wink: Thank you for the advice and I hope you like the next update !

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to unwrap the scarf, so that the texture is not stretched ? :slight_smile: Still trying out different colour correction styles for this shot. I have definitely gone a bit too far with it in this particular one :confused:

Attachments