Girl

is she based on the character effy from skins? where you trying to achieve a likeness? its good attempt, just take the criticism you have received, and think about them for your next project :slight_smile:

Is that a photo or a model? If it is a model was it done in cycles. What did you do to get the eyes like that. I’ve given it many tries myself and not quite achieved that.

The hair is absolutelly amazing, the composition is great aswell, what kind of upsets me is her face, its great, but there is something weird about it.

anyway great project.

Not bad work :slight_smile:

@ng-material - Yes, it is Effy from skins - that makes me happy that someone guessed :slight_smile:

@SaltyCowdawg - I’m pretty sure the image posted by comeinandburn is a photo.

@leonnn - Thanks - I agree there is something not quite right about the face.

I know it finished, and thats fine, I think you have done a fantastic job here, there are few proportional things you can change, but it certainly looks her. I think the SSS is a tad too strong.

hehe you shouldn’t keep the actress a secret, people will be able to help you much more if they know the model you are depicting.

For example, the actress you use here Kaya Scodelario has very unique features.

she has a relatively small head in contrast to a long neck. As you can see in the following images

[ATTACH=CONFIG]272047[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]272048[/ATTACH]

if you had made a portrait of her like this, people would immediately jump and say “her neck is too long, head too small” because people are criticizing to idealized proportions. The proportional system exists only as a framework to build upon, it enables you to say “hey, her eyes aren’t exactly half way, her mouth isn’t exactly half in between her nose and chin” etc.

so I’m just saying be careful of some criticism. I attempted to adjust some features, in order to make it look more like the actress, but I think I lost something that you captured. Likeness is a difficult thing. I just moved the bottom of her face up, made the nose a tad smaller, and changed the size of her iris. At the bottom as some ref images of the actress.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]272050[/ATTACH]

Great job overall, and I look forward to your next project :slight_smile:

very good point ng,yes indeed my critique was based on general proportions, as the title was “girl” and i do not know this actress so i could not recognize her. i think i would have if i knew her… she has indeed her eyes sitting rather high, not as much as in the sculpt but higher than “norm” and so you did sculpt with the right intention, swmo…again, now seeing who you intended, i can say again, good work! likeness is very hard on young beautiful women, and you did a great job.

Thanks again! Ok, next time I’ll tell you who the reference was :slight_smile: