Geppetto Auto-Rigging Tool

Very neat. Does this also automatically skin?

This is looking great! You could potentially combine this with the rigify addon to create some really quick, nice, working rigs.

Is there somewhere a link to download?

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

@BluePrintRandom @thelaurent
Yes, it is a good idea and there is a possibility of integrating to other add-ons or adding new features.

@GraphiX
Yes, the tool also does the skinning automatically.

@Dito
It is still under development but I have already set the official repository here: http://github.com/rasteron/geppetto

I wonder, does the BA community know about this? It’s in the BGE WIP section, but is this a purely BGE-oriented solution toward auto-rigging?

Anyway, this is really cool! Nice work!

Hey SolarLune, Thanks a lot. Yes, I just thought I could post it here since this is still experimental and leaning towards BGE for gaming rigs at the moment. It will be a full Blender solution once more features are added for animation and other stuff.

I’m not sure if this is out there yet but feel free to share and spread the word about this project. :slight_smile:

Cheers.

Update auto-rigged “Base Man” model by Vidar at ZBrushCentral

Update New scene with low poly base mesh by Daconia

Update Geppetto Armature Retargeting Test (without mesh, no adjustments)

Great work, @rasteron! Keep us updated.

Thanks Arnywar :slight_smile:

New update 3D RPG Female low poly model by Wrapscallion at opengameart

Test Update Trinity Kick - did some shoulder deform checking before posing.

Update Quick Auto-Rig of High Poly model (~60 tris)

Nice work!

Have you seen Jacki’s latest endeavor to generate a rag doll from any mesh and armature??

Hey, I just saw your post about automatically creating a ragdoll from an armature, well I just did that,… kindof. download
I’m horrible at explaining what happens but you’ll find a main , really short script that gets everything in action, and another class, really long script that you won’t need to touch to create a ragdoll.

For now it takes the IK limits, stiffness and height(Z) from the bones themselves, and the stuff like X and Y dimensions and shape from the parameters list that’s explained inside the blend file. also I still have to make it match the armature using the update() function that’s still blank for now.

Feel free to edit/redistribute

This combined with his other work on rigged ragdolls and a nifty animation controller…

Blender will be quite powerful for rigging, and then “acting”

Thanks BluePrintRandom :slight_smile: No I haven’t seen that yet but it looks cool!

Test Update zombie walk pose on 2.6k tris base mesh by Julius at opengameart

Another Rigged Toon test. “Blu” model by Macouno at blendswap

*New test update* Male Base Mesh by Jonathan Williamson at CGCookie

Hey rasteron why is it that I’m unable to download your addon for Blender? All the zip file has in it is the read me and license and all that jazz but nothing else! Is this just a joke or a gimmick or something bro? lol

There’s nothing else in… just teasing!