Functionality expansi: Custom motion vector export capability - willing to pay/donate

Are you able to output a sequence? Maybe try changing the value to 0.5 instead of 0 in the final colour mix node.

Hey,

Sorry it took me so long to get back, I had some other work I had to do, and I was waiting to hear back on the bid I put in. Anyway I’ve linked a video file here. I’ve exaggerated the motion blur here so you can see the direction it’s going and put something that has content all over the flag surface so you can see that as well.

This was just an export sequence from blender to make sure there were no issues with any sort of misalignment that could occur from using a 3rd party render tool ( though I don’t think that’s likely to occur, I wanted to make sure that we had a solution in place ). Alternatively, do you think it is some how possible to take the motion vectors from Blender directly and apply them again to the rendered images of the Octane rendered image sequence? It would require me doing another step, but if it were able to work, it might actually end up saving us time at this stage of the game sadly :frowning:

@DayVids: you need to put a warning on that link. 38 Megabytes for 3 seconds? 60 frames per second? Motion Jpeg as the codec? 107,000 kilobits per second?

Almost any other codec would have reduced the file to a tenth the size or less…

I think we need to have a look at the node structure again… ill take another look at it tonight.

when is your project due?

It should match up fine if the sensor size is the same… just try rendering one frame in blender and the same frame in octane and see if it matches up, ideally this would have objects in the forground, midground, background, preferably near the edge of frame… if it does it should be fine… if not, try changing the sensor size in blender to canon 5d (this has a full frame sensor).

I don’t and didn’t consider that to be so terrible. I’m very familiar with compression and methods of reducing size, but I chose to upload a full quality file ( which did receive some compression ). I’ve never been admonished for not giving a warning on a sub 50MB file size before, so my apologies if it was somehow inconsiderate to not give a warning.

Thanks Doublebishop, I appreciate it. I’m meeting with the guy to finalize the project details and begin working on things. Some of it I’m going to do using Element 3D inside of AE, becuase the workflow will be so fast, but then after that, there will be a couple of bigger animations that I’m working on that will most likely need to be done in blender, and I’d like to do the rendering through Octane for that one, which means I need to fake the motion blur. I will probably start on those within a week or so, and need to have them done in about 3 or less, depending on. However I’ll likely be submitting partials for review and feedback to the client within the first week.

Again, I definitely owe you, so let me know if there is anything I can do, and I’ll be happy to pay it back, or pay it forward.

Thanks again!

Give this a whirl! – http://www.pasteall.org/blend/16446

Let me know if this fixes the problems! I think we have a winner!

@DayVids – Dont worry bout payment… if you really want to pay something, donate to blender… post the setup on the RSMB forums maybe? Let me know when your project is finished… I’m curious as to what you are working on!

If it is all good ill post some screenshots & give a breakdown as to whats going on, just in case someone in the future is needing reference :slight_smile:

woah the alpha output is really messed up… i think its a bug in the compositor? seeing as the viewer node is fine? Just make sure you save without alpha channel (it shouldnt be needed)

actually reading through the docs it is needed… and it seems like you can override it by connecting the alpha output of the image render to the composite output, that ‘should’ fix everything

I know that it’s possible to add motion blur in post having rendered in octane some of the vids in the gallery have
Orion blur and it looks legit. May e search around the octane forums for info. Contact the people who
Are this vids and ask them.

the motion blur that octane has, is only camera movement motion blur… what this allows for is object deformation using RSMB…

Well, all the colors are right, the directions are right everything seems to be correct, and as long as you make sure to set preserve RGB in the footage interpretation inside of Aftereffects, it’s a good situation. As for the project, I’m putting together a motion graphics package for a new TV show to use in their network pitch sizzle real. I’ll be using a mix of tools including Blender for all the complex stuff, and Element 3D from Video Copilot for some of the simpler things ( because of it’s speed ). I don’t know that I’m going to be gallery worthy, especially since it wasn’t all done in Blender and that might mean it’s not eligible, but hopefully soon, these things you’ve helped me do will be on a TV show and I’ll be able to post them up.

Thanks again

Also a note, anyone who’s using RSMB with this motion vector pass, needs to set the color management in the “Interpret Footage -> Main…” option of the image sequence to be Preserve RGB. It helps with edge blur.

What a wonderful help you’ve been Double Bishop. I’ll be sure to make some donations to blender.org if for no other reason than being able to find someone so helpful in the community.

Also, do you mind if I send the .blend file to the RE:Vision guys? I know one of their higher ups (might be the owner actually), and I would be happy to tell them that you made it, and give you their email if you’d like (in-case they had any questions, or could get you to write up a tutorial for their site). PM your email address if it’s ok and let me know.

EDIT: I was wrong. This is not the problem I described. I’m editing this comment to avoid unnecessary noise in this thread.

When I replied the previous comment I didn’t see your screenshot, and when I rendered your sample scene it looked fine in 2.63 before baking the cloth dynamics.
Now I see it’s a different issue. It’s a nasty bug, and unfortunately it prevents you from saving animations unless you override the alpha channel, as you said.
It’s like something weird is being stored in the alpha channel and the combine RGBA node or the set alpha node can’t override it.

Wow, I am SO glad I found this thread, and BIG thank you to doublebishop from me too! I was looking for this desperately.

Hi can someone please repost the blend file. It has expired on pasteall.

Hi can someone please repost the blend file. It has expired on pasteall.

Reuploaded it here due to people still wanting the blend file http://thehods.com/tmp/flag5-RSMB-share.blend

OH GOD, awesome double bishop, i read the whole thread just coz it was so appealing seing you helping out a fellow blenderer, i hope i can do that too at some point. :smiley:

One week… That’s quite awesome support!