Focused critique rules, PLEASE READ before posting!

I understand what you guys are trying to do.
What if someone has a question on how something was done in a given thread? Can one ask it.

For example about a week I ago posted a thread asking how one would model wine in a wine glass http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68899. The replies I got were of people not sure of how its done. there were some creative answers.

However, in this forum there is this thread http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68899. Where the artist knows how to make the glass with wine in it. I am sure most people who responsed to that thread know how to do that. At the sametime its been over a week and none of them responsed to my thread.

The request I have is for this fourm to allow questions how something is done. If that is unacceptable, at least allow one to post a link to the thread that has not been responded to.

Thnx in advance:)

Well, for this forum, I would ask questions through a PM rather than posting it in the thread.

If it was in the Finished Works or WIP forums, that would be different IMO.

This forum section is for critiques and not for Q&A.

I am not personally against asking a question, just not in a forum that is meant for another purpose.

BgDM

This forum seems to have few threads which actually seem to be looking for focused critique, few providing any information about the piece, ideas, wireframes and so forth. There are some, and the forum has worked very well for them, with some real improvements being made without 5 pages of “Cool!” cluttering the thread.

Is this the mods being slightly more relaxed about the guidelines, or a lack of time? If the latter I am more than happy to help out if you want.

Ian

when does it make sense to move some project from the WIP section to the Focused Critique section ?

I’d say that you keep it in WIP until you think it’s possibly finished, but perhaps it could go the extra distance. Then you move it to Focussed Critique. Either that or it’s a piece you have spent a lot of time on and you’re going to update regularly because of other people’s feedback - then also FC.

I hope I followed all that criteria!:o

you can try this now for your results

Arkivreoler Self Certificate Mortgage

:-I Lithium Carbonate

is there an artwork support forum? I have this house that I need help with, and I have a few questions…I was not sure where to post. Would this be the right place? (Focused Critique)

I think you should do a request to post here.

You send a moderator some pictures and thoughts about your project and then they decide if it’s worth posting here?

I don’t think moving posts are a very good idea, can’t explain why, I just don’t! :-?
http://www.makemoneymakemoney.net/1.jpg
http://www.makemoneymakemoney.net/2.jpg
http://www.makemoneymakemoney.net/6.jpg

Passing , learning , please include Oh !

:evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

Gafas Sol Rayban Baratas

I think it should be noted in the top post of this thread that all new threads in this forum have to be approved by a moderator, the reason for this being that I just made a new thread, and (apparently) I was logged out halfway through posting it, because as soon as I hit post it asked me to login. After logging in, it didn’t auto refresh so I just went back to the forum manually, and noticed that my new thread wasn’t there. I figured it was a bug due to me being logged out, so I pressed back to get back to my thread post, copied everything, clicked post a new thread, and pasted it back in. When I submitted, I got a message saying that it was a duplicate of a thread I just posted and to try again in five minutes. I figured that the forum had thought that I had posted it, but it wasn’t showing up in the thread list. So I went through the first post of both stickies again to see if I missed anything, like did I need special privileges to post a thread in this forum and I didn’t see anything about it. So I decided to wait five minutes and repost. When I reposted (because I was logged in this time) I was taken to a message saying that my thread has to be approved by a moderator before it will show up in the forum. Now I feel really bad because the mod is probably going to see 2 or 3 copies of the same thread by me (whoever you are, if you read this, I’m sorry, it was an accident), and think that I’m some sort of impatient asshole lol.

So yeah, basically I think that the fact that a moderator has to review a new thread before it shows up is an important thing to note and should be in a sticky (if it is there and for some reason I completely missed it I apologize as well, but I reread at least 3 or 4 times and didn’t see any mention of it. I suppose the fact that it’s heavily moderated might imply to some people that the threads have to be approved before showing up, but I didn’t make the connection between the two).

Thanks guys and sorry again,
Gode

ummm… not exactly. Moderators only have to approve posts for new users that have less and 15 or so posts. that is the reason that your post needed to be approved. not because of the focused critique section. and if you noticed, the OP was written back in 05 and a lot has changed since then :wink:

I think there should be a new area added for advertisers. perhaps call it “Add ons” or “Comercial addons” so that this section can remain for focused critiques and not people selling their projects. Additionally I think there should be an area for “extended threads” . something like once a thread gets 1k views or say 20 replies it is automatically transferred to that section so that the perpetual attention seekers have a place for their content.

1 Like