[Finished] Kasperköpp

And for all of you, who think I have been lazy during the weekend, I present what I’m working on towards the final presentation :slight_smile: There isn’t much left to do. I see some little flaws and it needs more samples. I’m fairly happy with it already, but please tell me, if you see anything that could enhance it :slight_smile:

This is such good work and an inspiration to us all, particularly the woodworkers amongst us…

Keep up the good work!

Cheers, Clock.

PS. I noticed one of your gouges needs honing… :smiley:

Great idea in terms of composing the scene! Did you use particles for the wood chips or possibly rigid bodies?

Minoribus, fantastic expressive eyes and expressions put on these! Looks really great, the wood effect is fantastic man

These look very cool together. I think the presentation and lighting is top notch. I like that the heads even seem to be interacting with each other and the camera/observer in the scene (based on their expressions and eye lines). My eye goes immediately to the head in the middle (who I see as the main character), before moving on to the other characters, which hopefully is what you intended, because it feels like the middle head is the “star” and the other heads are supporting characters to the story. In any case, the image feels very layered yet easy to decipher. Fantastic work!

Hey guys, thanks for your comments.

@Clock, much appreciated! It means much to me, especially when coming from someone who works with wood for real :slight_smile:

@Harleynut, thanks my friend. The different chip types were modeled and I distributed instances of them by hand.

@Mir, good to see you back in the forums and thank you very much.

@James, thanks or your comment. All that you noticed was, what I was going for. I wanted the eyes to catch the viewers attention and I wanted to imply some interaction. And yes again, the one in the middle is the hero. :slight_smile: For the lighting I decided to simulate a light source that you would have at a workbench normally. So it is mainly one strong light that comes from the left. Then I added to gentle fill lights at the right to minimize the shadows a bit. For the hero head I was going for a special portrait lighting, that is called Rembrandt lighting. It required some tries, but I think I got it finally.

I posted this also in the finished section this morning with some minor tweaks and a little post processing.

Wow They are GOOD !

Thanks, Mark. I’m glad you like it. Looking at your signature we share two passions, since I’m in the software development business also :slight_smile:

Ok for your next project - try this:

Is it real? In which case how did I get the one piece arrow through the bottle and the other bits, is it Blendered, in which case how did I get the wood grain textures so realistic, given I am not very good with textures yet… :smiley:

I think this project is excellent, the grain and carving marks look so realistic, although when I carve, I make the gouge cuts a little smaller on a finished piece.

Keep inspiring us with your work, Cheers, Clock.